The color palette is one of the highlights of the decor. Therefore, the architects Alexia Kaori and Juliana Stendard, founders of Urutau Arquitetura , were invited to talk about the colors that go with black. Also, see 20 inspirations to use this shade without fear of making mistakes.
Colors that combine with black to get the composition right
According to the founders of Urutau Arquitetura, “Black is a deep and versatile color that goes with practically any color. The combination depends on the objective to be achieved in the environment”. Here are some shades that go perfectly with black:
In this case, the saying is accurate: opposites attract! Therefore, “the classic combination of black and white gives personality to the chosen place. And it is interesting to combine with elements of different textures”, point out the architects.
Another way to create contrast is to bet on metallics. This helps create texture and highlight certain elements. In the words of the experts, “metal details highlight and enhance the environment”. Examples of metallic colors are “silver, gold, rose gold and copper”.
The rustic style is timeless. In addition, the decor is warm and cozy. Therefore, the recommendation of the architects is: “include black elements in a straw-toned environment to create interesting contrasts, referring to more rustic textures”.
The woody tones also favor the cozy decor. According to the architects, “wooden elements make a good combination with black, yet they make the environment more cozy”.
It is possible to create beautiful combinations with more vivid colors. Green is an example cited by the architects. In this case, the color does not necessarily have to be on the wall. The tip is: include plants in your decor!
shades of pink
The black color can work as a secondary to highlight specific points of the decoration. For example, if burnt pink predominates in the environment, include details or elements in black in the region that you want to highlight – this was the tip of the experts. So the effect will be surprising.
With these tips, it is possible to realize the versatility of black in decoration. It is no wonder that this trend spans decades and remains contemporary. Next, learn more!
A trend that never goes out of style
According to the architects, “because it is an intense color, black brings interesting contrasts”. These can be noticed “in the details of the decoration, such as paintings, vases, tapestries, lamps, etc. In furniture, for example, sofas, tables, chairs and others. And in the architectural elements, such as floors, walls, windows and the like”. Also, black is a universal color, that is, it combines with all other shades. So, you can use it without fear, because the trend will follow generations!
Tips on when not to wear black
Although versatile, if used wrong, the color black can harm the result of a decoration. So, check it out and follow the tips from architects Aléxia Kaori and Juliana Stendard:
- It is recommended to use the elements in black consciously, choosing some points or sections. Otherwise, the environment may become very dark. Unless, of course, that’s your goal.
- Combining black only with dark tones, which do not cause contrast, can leave the environment loaded.
- Sometimes black can overwhelm the room. In this case, using a dark tone, such as graphite, is enough to create contrast.
- Use wood, metal, tapestry, vegetation, among other decorative elements, to add more complexity and prevent black from becoming monotonous.
- Avoid black in elements that receive direct sunlight, especially in hot places, as the color enhances heat absorption.
- In addition to the purely aesthetic factor, a black toilet can omit the status of body fluids, which is an important indicator of your health.
Important tips to make the environment more comfortable. So, don’t wear black in the aforementioned situations, mainly because some are related to health and well-being.
20 photos in which black starred in the decoration
You already know how to combine and when not to use black. It’s time to see this color in action. So, check out beautiful inspirations to use in your decoration:
1. There are several colors that match black
2. Versatility is in your favor
3. A classic combination: black and white
4. Which can be combined with other colors
5. With neutral tones, you need to pay attention
6. And bet on textures
7. To break the monotony of the environment
8. And give a touch of complexity to the decoration
9. A colorful detail can make black even more charming
10. Woody elements make the environment more welcoming
11. See what a perfect match!
12. Black needs to be used in the right measure
13. Like this black sofa: the real attraction of the living room
14. The environment needs to be cozy
15. Bet on a combination with vibrant tones
16. Black, red, green and joy
17. This is an example of contrast created by black
18.A green detail creates another atmosphere
19. If black is your style
20. The trend is guaranteed
When combining colors, it is necessary to understand well what is expected of the environment and what style of decoration will be followed. In addition, versatile colors are always on the rise. So get inspired by the gray coating and learn more about this trend.