The corner table is a perfect solution not only for those who need to create solutions to decorate the corners of the house, but also for those who want to value a greater circulation space in an environment. In addition to being decorative, it can be used as a complement to a German corner in a dining room or a supportive measure in the living room.
How to decorate a corner table with elegance and practicality
According to Larissa, a professional at Minimal Arquitetura , the decoration of a corner table totally depends on your needs in relation to the space in which it will be installed. Next, the architect gives tips on how to develop this composition in different scenarios:
- Find the function of your corner table: you can use a corner table to support tablets and/or virtual assistants to control smart homes, position table lamps or just decorative objects, such as vases with flowers/plants or empty ones, books, sculptures, etc.
- Pay attention to the size: corner tables usually measure 35 to 60 cm wide, but regardless of the size, the ideal is to keep the furniture between 10 to 15 cm away from other furniture in the environment. If you have a larger space than this, you might want to think of another solution for the place.
- For the corner table in the living room: you can compose this space with visual-themed books and other items, such as sculptures and decorative objects. Pots with succulents or cacti are a good option, as they are vegetation that survive well in shady environments. In addition, as already mentioned, it is always an interesting place to keep technology and lighting items, bringing functionality to this little space of the house.
- German corner table: in addition to the number of people you want to accommodate in the space, the size of the environment must be considered when choosing the piece. For a German corner measuring 120x120cm, for example, an 80x80cm table is used, which holds between 5 and 6 people. To accommodate 7 people or more, it is recommended to opt for a rectangular-shaped table, with 80x120cm, for example.
- Choice of materials: remember that lighter materials with light colors, such as glass, metal and wood – painted in white/beige – give a feeling of spaciousness to the environment. On the other hand, heavier materials with dark colors, such as iron and wood – painted brown or black – make the space seem smaller, but make them more cozy. It all depends on the purpose you have planned for the location.
In decoration, a well thought out composition always brings a more satisfying result. With the architect’s tips, it’s even easier to create something perfect for you, meeting your day-to-day needs, in addition to visual aesthetics.
20 corner table photos that inspire elegance and practicality
Get inspired by 20 architectural projects that include different uses for a corner table and that, in addition to its functionality, bring different solutions to the environment:
1. If your idea is to include a German corner table, pay attention to the space
2. It needs to have enough space for people to be accommodated in the space
3. In addition to not compromising the space for circulation in the environment
4. The living room corner tables are a good option to enhance the decor
5. They can work as a support for intimate lighting
6. Accommodate pots and plants
7. Offer a composition with decorative objects and works of art
8. Or just one more element in the decoration, which can be used for cup holders, for example
9. In the bedroom, the corner table can be a good replacement for the bedside table
10. The models and materials must be chosen according to the decoration proposal
11. A bold design guarantees a modern and conceptual proposal
12. And adds a special touch to classic decorations
13. Traditional models are perfect for minimalist decorations
14. With metal, the decoration gains an atmosphere of refinement
15. Wood is a material that transmits warmth to the environment
16. And if there’s a little plant involved in the composition, even better!
17. The white corner table stands out when it comes in against the colored wall
18. In this project, the shape of the table follows the geometric proposal of the decoration
19. A square corner table is perfect as it can be fitted in different places
20. But the round version is compact and doesn’t interfere with circulation at all, making it the perfect option for smaller environments!
The corner table is a functional piece of furniture, and can be inserted in different rooms of the house, in addition to gaining different functions seasonally, after all, this is one of the most democratic and versatile pieces of furniture in a decoration.