Gray wallcovering is responsible for adding balance and sobriety to the decor . As it is an item that combines with all other colors, including it in your project will guarantee versatility and freedom to create any design style in your work. Want to know how to think of a beautiful gray coating? Just follow the list below.
Types of gray coat that are timeless
The types of coatings on the market are endless, and to narrow down the possibilities, the focus of this list will be on suggestions of pieces suitable for walls that will not fall into disuse over the years:
Indicated for wet areas, the gray porcelain will guarantee, in addition to the waterproofing that the environment needs, a highly clean aesthetic. But if the intention is to include an identity already in the coating, you can invest in a textured or stylized porcelain tile, such as the one that imitates burnt cement, a 3D version, among others.
Hydraulic tile has been present in architecture for many years, and over time it has become more and more popular. You can have a multitude of styles with it, from something more sober, playing with plain pieces in different shades of gray, or combining the gray tile with other colors, to a more affective decoration, adopting a print of your taste for a vintage effect.
The mixture between red and white clay is used in the manufacture of ceramics, therefore, it has greater porosity and thickness, that is, it is the ideal material to be installed on the wall. You will find different models of gray, glossy, satin or matte, square, hexagonal or rectangular ceramics: the choice depends on the effect you want.
Unlike ceramic, tile, which is made of porcelain, has a smoother texture, offering a more delicate finish. If with ceramic a crack can lead to the appearance of the terracotta tone of the material used in its manufacture, with tile this will not happen, as the surface color of the piece does not wear out. This material is perfect to be installed where the movement of furniture and people is greater.
Smooth or slatted wood remained present in the decoration between the 1950s and 60s, and in recent years it has returned with full force, not only in the natural version, but also in the painted version. These panels, even colored, have the function of heating the environment, and should be installed only in dry areas. The effect couldn’t be better: the decoration is sophisticated and full of identity.
Widely used in bathrooms and kitchens, the tablet is commonly installed on 30×30 cm plates, and has been widely used since antiquity, in Greek architecture. The gray version of this coating will guarantee a clean and very delicate decoration, but plan ahead financially to add it to your project, as both the material and the installation are not very cheap.
You can also include in your project other types of gray coatings such as wallpaper, graffiti, canjiquinha, among other less resistant models than those presented in the list – it all depends on the result you want for the environment.
30 photos of gray coating in projects of different styles
Get inspired by the most whimsical projects that use gray coating to give that special touch to the decor.
1. Gray coating can be used in a variety of environments
2. As on the living room wall for a more industrial feel
3. Or in the bathroom matching blue
4. While the wall received the gray porcelain tile, the floor had the hexagonal
5. Nobody can resist a gray meter
6. And it meets the most diverse types of decoration
7. But you can still play with geometric figures in various shades
8. Or create a gray brick wall
9. In this bathroom, the gray coating was present only in the shower
10. Use the same gray coating on the floor and on a wall
11. As in this project, which counted the gray to break up the white
12. A unique charm in the form of hydraulic tile
13. That doesn’t lose anything for the 3D effect
14. The different shades of gray offer a charming effect to the kitchen
15. And in the square tile version, the effect also works
16. Here the different coating formats are the charm
17. You can’t go wrong with black and gray
18. A gray tone imitating wood to match the granite sink cladding
19. Speaking of effect, this marble is amazing, don’t you think?
20. A dark band between the light gray coating
21. By the way, it’s hard to resist the granilite print, do you agree?
22. Porcelain tiles marrying perfectly with burnt cement
23. Just watch the effect of this coating that even looks metallic
24. That porcelain tile that looks more like stone
25. There is also the one that looks more like a marble
26. And it has a gray coating with nuances in tone
27. For the outdoor area, resistant materials are ideal
28. Choosing the appropriate gray coating for the environment is essential
29. This way you will guarantee durability to your project
30. And retains all the charm of the gray coating
When choosing the coating for your project, keep in mind that there are materials that are only suitable for installation on walls. If the choice also includes the floor, find out about the pieces that offer this possibility. And to match all the decor with the coating, check out which colors match gray .