To optimize space, for practicality or just an aesthetic option, the integrated living and dining room is a success in interior decoration. The integrated projects bring dynamism and functionality to the environment, in addition to being super modern. Want tips and inspiration on how to make the move at home? Check the article!
5 tips to integrate the living and dining room in a practical and modern way
Changes and renovations may seem like seven-headed bugs, but they don’t have to be. With 5 practical tips offered by the architect and urban planner Maria Eduarda Koga , you will have a better idea of how to have your living and dining room integrated, check it out below!
- Think about the color palette: to create uniqueness to the environment, the architect Eduarda advises to keep the color palettes matching each other. “It’s interesting to have the same color palette for both the living room and the dining room, so that the environments create harmony”, says Koga;
- Opt for compact furniture: thinking about smaller spaces, the architect’s key tip is to bet on more compact furniture. “I suggest round tables, as they take up less space and allow for better fluidity in the space” and adds “there is also the small 2-seater sofa, so you can play with different armchairs or chairs to accommodate more people”;
- Use similar materials: As with the color palette, using similar materials and textures in furniture in both areas allows for better integration. Eduarda gives some examples, such as “on the sofa and upholstery of the dining table chairs, or the same woodwork for both the dining table and chairs and the living room furniture”;
- Play with lighting: “despite being integrated environments, it is nice to highlight each space. Use a different pendant to highlight the dining table and use directional spots to illuminate certain points in the living room and not aim it directly at the TV”, explains the architect;
- Use rugs: another element that helps with integration is the rug, as it can be positioned between the two environments, creating a feeling of uniqueness.
When planning to combine the two environments, be sure to consider the tips above, so your decoration project will be complete and super modern!
30 integrated living and dining room photos for inspiration
To help you think about your integrated living and dining room project, see 30 ready-made room inspirations. From small apartments, to projects in large houses, the selection will convince you to adopt this style!
1. The integrated living and dining room has several advantages
2. When you live in an apartment
3. This option expands the space of the environments
4. In addition to bringing practicality
5. As the two environments become one
6. When dealing with houses with more spaces
7. This option brings elegance, with a touch of modernity
8. Small and simple integrated living and dining room…
9. … is not synonymous with tightness
10. Because space is optimized with creativity
11. Bring the dining room closer to the living room
12. Creates comfort for the home
13. To carry out a good integration project
14. Don’t forget to think about the color palette
15. It is interesting to keep the choice of harmonic colors
16. In this way, the integrated environment is balanced
17. Another point is to think about lighting
18. Spots of lights in both environments
19. Or a pendant above the dining table
20. Another tip is to pay attention to the furniture materials
21. And playing with similar textures
22. Rectangular integrated living and dining room are great
23. Wooden furniture in both spaces brings uniqueness
24. In addition to the comfort of watching TV from the dining table
25. The advantages of the integrated living and dining room are diverse
26. How practicality, modernity and dynamism
27. A small space becomes larger
28. And your decor can be fine and elegant
29. If you’re looking for change
30. The integrated living and dining room project is for you!
With the tips and references brought in the article, thinking about a project for an integrated living and dining room becomes easier. To complement your quest to renew the environment, check out the article on modern dining room and knock out the decor!