The white kitchen cabinet is one of the most traditional items when it comes to interior trends. There’s no mistake, the neutral color matches everything. A piece of furniture to be included in different styles of decoration, enhancing the environment and lighting. Discover the most popular types of cabinets and find out which one best fits your project.
Types of white kitchen cabinets
There are different types of white cabinets on the market, differentiated by material or design. So, before choosing yours, learn more about some options:
One of the most traditional models is MDF, a wooden sheet made with medium density fiber agglutination. In addition to offering quality and durability, its value is affordable. It can be included in made-to-measure as well as modular projects.
Lacquer (or PU paint) is a refined finish, made with resin of plant origin, leaving the coating with the same appearance as a car paint. Because it is a handmade work, a white lacquered kitchen cabinet ends up being more expensive than a common MDF painting, but cleaning becomes easier.
Despite being a classic design, the white Provencal kitchen cabinet is back in full force. It unites the rustic with a romantic touch, in well-crafted and apparent curves. Even with such striking features, this style is used in different types of decoration, including industrial and contemporary.
The slatted cabinet offers a unique finish to the kitchen decor, leaving the space with a modern and conceptual look. For those who do not give up a white woodwork, but want to add a touch of personality to the environment, this is the perfect choice, completely escaping the sobriety that a basic MDF prints, for example.
Very present in modern kitchens, the white milky glass cabinet is an option for those who do not give up practicality when cleaning. The material can be included in the entire project or partially (only in the suspended cabinets combined with basic MDF in the cabinets).
Whether it’s a bespoke or modular project, the cabinet is one of the main responsible for dictating the style of your kitchen – be careful in the choice, as it will be valuable in your project.
How to choose white kitchen cabinet
Before choosing the type of white cabinet you want to include in your kitchen, consider some important points that will make your routine easier:
- Your lifestyle: if you and other residents of the house are in the habit of cooking all the time, and if the kitchen is one of the busiest rooms in the house, it is worth thinking about a white cabinet with an easy-to-clean finish. Traditional MDF, for example, despite being more affordable, is easily stained with fingerprints.
- Your budget: The choice of material and finish is highly influenced by your budget. If this determining factor is not very high, think that good materials offer greater durability, even if the finish is not what you expected (and this choice ends up making your renovation cheaper).
- Owned or rented property: Custom closets are not recommended for rented properties, unless the owner agrees to deduct the expenses of the renovation from the rent. In this case, modular ones are more advisable, as they can be taken with you when moving.
- Measurements in hand: a closet should never be purchased without having the measurements of each space in the kitchen – if there is a floor plan of the property, even better. Even for modular cabinets, it’s important to know where each piece should fit, and if there’s enough space for each one.
- Number of appliances: if you have a complete kitchen, with all possible appliances, it is important to think about where each one of them will be accommodated. If the space is compact, thinking about a bespoke project is ideal, as circulation will not be compromised.
When choosing the ideal cabinet for your kitchen, think about all the needs you would like to meet, in addition to aesthetics. After all, an intelligently designed environment makes life easier for any resident.
30 white kitchen cabinet photos to inspire your makeover
Check out several kitchen projects that have included the white cabinet as the main star of the decor.
1. The white kitchen cabinet is highlighted with a colorful coating
2. A clean project, like the Swiss kitchen, also looks beautiful
3. The white hanging cabinets perfectly matched the wood of the cabinet
4. As well as the vertical cabinet on the side
5. The white cabinet enhances the natural light of the kitchen
6. The light color palette gives the feeling of spaciousness
7. This Provencal cabinet brought the lightness that the combination needed
8. By the way, lightness is something that a white lacquered cabinet offers the best
9. Realize how a ripped closet makes everything more current
10. It can be combined with other colors and materials
11. In this project, even the countertop stone remained off white
12. In this small kitchen, white brought balance to the cozy wood
13. The combination of a white cabinet with fun coatings balances the project
14. For hanging cabinets, a base frame works well
15. Lacquered Provencal is a spectacle
16. For those who do not give up sophistication, the black and white combination is no mistake
17. Notice how the white cabinet makes the patterned covering more prominent
18. This bespoke design ensured that each appliance was in its proper space
19. The lighting in this kitchen only proves the perfection of the marriage between white and gray
20.White can be the protagonist of a colorful kitchen
21. See how an all-green kitchen calls for a basic white cabinet
22. For every free space, a closet!
23. A white kitchen cabinet matches all decor styles
24. Regardless of the available footage in the environment
25. It will fit your budget perfectly
26. And also in the style chosen for your kitchen
27. Especially if your plan is to have a timeless decoration
28. And a look that prints cleanliness and organization
29. After all, a white closet will always be democratic
30. To compose the most different combinations
With a white kitchen cabinet, you will have freedom in decoration, as neutrality combines with any color, materials and textures, whether in a beautiful chandelier, a differentiated coating or even a conceptual painting.