An industrial style room becomes the highlight of the environment, as it offers a striking design to the most frequented room in the house. And don’t think that your space will look cold and uncomfortable – combining accurate elements transforms the rusticity of the industrial into a very cozy and promising environment for the living room . Want to know how? Check the article!
Discover the industrial style
The industrial style emerged in the last century in New York, when buildings that once housed large industries, began to serve as housing. And what used to be a reason to be hidden in interior decoration, with the industrial style came to be valued: apparent structure, integrated rooms, rustic floor and ceiling, among other elements that you will discover below.
7 tips for setting up an industrial-style living room full of personality
The following elements are a true hallmark of industrial style, and they can be placed sparingly or sparingly in your room’s decorative design. Check out!
The irresistible brick
Whether painted in your favorite color, in its natural form or coverings that imitate this aesthetic, the exposed brick is one of the most illustrious elements of the industrial style. In many cases, it by itself already denounces the identity of the environment, without needing reinforcements.
The rudimentary beauty of burnt cement
There was a time in Brazil when many houses used burnt cement dyed red as the main covering of the house, mainly in simple homes or properties close to the countryside. Currently, the raw version of cement has become an increasingly trend, but requires more delicate maintenance for its durability to be guaranteed. The technique can also be used in painting walls or ceilings.
The charm of conduits and rails
Good lighting is essential for rooms of any style, but in industrial rooms, keeping exposed rails and exposed conduits is a differential. Exposed plumbing and other iron structures also add to the rudimentary charm that the design provides.
The perfect marriage between wood and metal
Mixing textures and elements is a striking feature in the industrial style, and the wood and metal added to the decoration makes everything even more stylish: if on the one hand you have the coldness of an iron frame to structure a glass, on the other there is the presence of wood to make the room more cozy.
Use the shades of grey!
Not everyone likes the idea of adopting burnt cement in decoration, precisely because its maintenance is not the easiest. But this element can be very well replaced by the presence of gray in the color chart: it can be in a porcelain tile that imitates burnt cement, a wall with a sober and welcoming tone, or even in the fabric of a cozy sofa.
The sophistication of leather
Leather is responsible for adding a certain refinement to industrial decor, in addition to the indispensable comfort, of course. He can be present in an armchair, on a stool seat, or even on the sofa – the main attraction of the room.
Adding colors and textures
If you like to be bold, don’t be afraid to add color to one of the walls, or as an accent on the sofa – colors are very welcome in industrial style. But if your preference is to take it easy, add that touch of joy by adding frames with warm colors, plants (whether natural or not), pillows and blankets.
The industrial style has numerous characteristics, but it is not necessary to include all of them in your project at once. You can only add nuances to this aesthetic, create counterpoints between industrial, modern or contemporary, or jump right into style without fear: all choices will be more than perfect.
40 industrial style living room photos full of personality
The following images show that the size of the room does not matter: an industrial-style room can be created in any type of property:
1. Just spy on these exposed beams on the living room ceiling
2. The apparent conduit was even more prominent on the brick wall
3. And speaking of bricks… this one turned out to be a spectacle, don’t you think?
4. The wooden bookcase with black metals was a straight shot
5. The colors present in the paintings made the difference
6. How about taking advantage of the rails to tangle the pendants in the dining room?
7. In this studio, wood is the star of the environment
8. Cement was present on the walls and ceiling in this project
9. Warm up the environment with striking frames and cozy textures
10. The ceiling of this room will never pass
11. Mixing industrial with other styles gives an amazing result
12. The burnt cement wall with a touch of modernity using art
13. With leather, metal and wood, you can’t go wrong
14. Overlapping spots are an additional option for direct lighting
15. Notice how colors can be present without shyness in the industrial style
16. Here the yellow panel gave the air of grace in the room
17. It is possible to create a clean industrial environment, you know?
18. But if you want to create that cave look, that’s ok too
19. The wooden ceiling gave an incredible contrast to the gray room
20. In fact, wood is responsible for creating this perfect counterpoint
21. For an all-cement room, the rug guarantees comfort
22. Natural lighting reveals the sophistication of the project
23. In an integrated environment, the delimitation of the rooms was on account of the floors
24. Large paintings on the floor are present in the industrial style
25. In fact, frames of all sizes are not welcome
26. In the 1970s, all industrial properties had high ceilings
27. And over the years, this has adapted to our current reality
28. This is why many industrial projects do not have a crown molding
29. The industrial style can be present in small studios
30. In compact apartments
31. And also in very spacious rooms
32. Industrial room aesthetics can have a more sober atmosphere
33. Or more fun, with the addition of relaxed decorative elements
34. How not to fall in love with this dark blue?
35. What is not lacking in this room is comfort
36. The stools can serve as support for drinks or additional seats
37. Reinforcing how beautiful it is to combine wood with cement
38. No one can resist such a sight
39. Realize how everything changes with a simple red door
40. You can explore elements in an industrial style room
Take advantage of the inspirations above to design the decoration of your dreamed industrial-style living room – be sure that the result will be stylish in proportion.