The phoenix palm is a plant that originates in Asia, specifically in Thailand and Vietnam. Its scientific name is Phoenix roebelenii and it is a species widely used to ornament various gardens, due to its beauty and maintenance. In this post, meet this plant!
Features of the phoenix palm
Like other palm species, the phoenix can grow very large. There are cases that it reaches four meters in height. However, it can be grown in large pots. Its leaves are delicate and form a slight arch, due to their size. This plant takes about two years to grow.
It is from regions with a tropical climate and is resistant to heat and wind. This makes it ideal for balconies, terraces, gardens and balconies. In addition, it is possible to grow it indoors, as long as the maintenance is done correctly. With proper care, this plant can last for about a decade.
How to care for phoenix palm
The phoenix palm is an easy-care plant. However, she is very delicate and needs frequent care. In this topic you will see the main precautions for your plant to grow beautiful and healthy:
- Watering: It should be watered daily in the weeks right after planting. Once fixed, it can be watered twice a week.
- Sun: this palm tree can be indoors with indirect light. However, the ideal is that it receives direct sunlight for at least four hours a day.
- Pot: despite its size, it can be planted in pots. Just choose a strong material to support its weight and roots.
- Seedling: the seedlings are about 40 cm long and can be planted directly in the ground. However, constant fertilization is required.
- Soil: The soil of this plant needs to be well aerated and drained. Therefore, the substrate can be mixed with sand or perlite. In addition, it should always be moist, but not soggy.
- Fertilization: in the seedling stage, this plant requires constant nitrogen fertilization. This can be done with organic fertilizer. The plant must be fertilized three times a year: spring, summer and autumn.
- Maintenance: just remove the older, brown leaves. Excessive pruning can leave the plant vulnerable.
These tips help a lot when growing a plant. However, it is necessary to keep an eye on the specific needs of each copy. This kind of care can give your garden a much healthier and happier life.
40 photos of phoenix palm decoration for an imposing garden
When it comes to landscaping, you need to think about what is expected of the garden. In addition, it is necessary to consider the lighting conditions, the size and the climate of the place. So, see 40 ways to decorate using the phoenix palm that will fall in love with:
1. The phoenix palm is very versatile
2. It can be used in various environments
3. And it will change the appearance of each one
4. This plant is of tropical origin
5. In coastal regions of Asia
6. Specifically in Thailand and Vietnam
7. That’s why it gets other names
8. See some of them
9. In English it is called Pigmy Date Palm
10. But it’s also known as Vietnam Phoenix
11. Or dwarf palm
12. This plant bears fruit
13. Which are similar to dates
14. Hence, it is also called Dwarf Date Palm
15. However, in the case of the palm tree, the fruits are not edible
16. Names help to show something
17. The versatility of this plant
18. After all, she can be in different environments
19. Whether internal or external
20. See this one how amazing it turned out
21. However, some care must be taken
22. For example, with soil
23. It should always be damp
24. However, it must not be soaked
25. Especially when she’s in pots
26. Although beautiful, this plant can be dangerous
27. She has thorns
28. What can hurt pets and small children
29. These thorns are at the base of the plant
30. Do you know the meaning of the phoenix palm?
31. Its name derives from the mythological bird
32. Which rises from the ashes
33. So the plant represents victory
34. Regeneration and Immortality
35. What helps to renew the energies of an environment
36. Having a plant like this will renew your environment
37. And will leave the house with another aspect
38. Regardless of the environment she is in
39. Everything will be even more beautiful
40. When you have a phoenix palm to call your own
Videos about phoenix palm
Knowledge is never too much, is it? The more you learn about them, the more you want to have other plants. After all, gardening and landscaping are relaxing and rewarding activities. So check out some videos to learn more about your new plant:
How to plant phoenix palm
Planting a new palm tree can be tricky. If it’s done wrong, it can end up killing the plant. Therefore, the Admirando a Natureza channel explains how to properly plant a phoenix palm. In addition, the gardener explains how to fertilize the plant to grow faster.
How to make phoenix palm seedlings
Nothing better than being able to propagate even more the plants in the garden. For this, one option is to bet on the production of seedlings at home. In the case of palm trees, this process can be a bit complex. However, gardener Daniel Cordeiro, from the Plantar é Viver channel, explains step-by-step how to get seedlings out of your palm tree.
The phoenix palm is just one of many species of this plant. It can renovate your garden or other indoor areas. Choosing the best species for your home will depend on several factors. So see more about the other palm trees for garden .