The hardwood floor is one of the most used materials in Brazilian homes and has been very successful. If you are thinking of putting this floor in your house, see what the architect Uianne Soares said on the subject.
What is parquet flooring
According to the architect, “it is a solid wood floor, which can be made from different types of trees”. In other words, the floor is made using a combination of these types of wood, such as ipe, jatobá, peroba, almond, ivory, cumaru, oak, grapia, abiu or tauari. It was used a lot in houses and apartments in the 50’s and 60’s, but nowadays it is returning to the trend.
Uianne also says that hardwood floors can be used in different types of weather, but you “avoid using them in humid environments, such as bathrooms”, as very wet places can damage the wood.
Types of hardwood flooring
- Herringbone hardwood flooring: It is the paging of the floor in which the combination of wood is made horizontally and vertically forming a 90° angle;
- Fishscale: In this pagination, the pieces are made with a transpass that places two pieces side by side, without aligning the end of each piece;
- Checker: Similar to a kind of chess game, forming squares;
- Diagonal: As the name implies, the pieces are diagonal, in which their placement follows the wall;
- Binding: This is the straight placement, one after the other.
These are some of the types of hardwood flooring in their placement that you can find in different places, according to the materials already mentioned. So choose your favorite format and match it with the woods you like best.
Advantages and disadvantages
Opting for hardwood flooring can bring some advantages, but also disadvantages. Architect Uianne listed some of them to help you when deciding on the floor. Check out:
- Naturalness to the environment;
- Eccentric and full of personality;
- Increases the feeling of comfort and warmth;
- It can have different pagination;
- High durability;
- Thermal comfort.
- Low resistance to water and humidity;
- Easier to scratch;
- Needs more maintenance;
- High cost.
These are the main advantages and disadvantages of hardwood flooring for your home. So think carefully about the goals you want and also the budget you intend to invest in this renovation.
Hardwood flooring pictures for you to be inspired by
The hardwood floor is a bet for those who want an environment full of personality and exclusivity. Get inspired by the photos of this type of coating.
1. The hardwood floor is imposing and is already part of the decoration
2. Very common in living rooms, it helps maintain thermal comfort
3. You can enjoy texture and mix ideas
4. The layout of the floor counts a lot for the style of the environment
5. The hardwood floor contrasts well with plants
6. Mixing trends such as taco and brick wall is a good idea
7. The idea is to bring modernity to the hardwood floor
8. Although maintenance is more difficult, it is a floor with good durability
9. The bat helps to add value to the property
10. This type of coating has a vintage feel
11. This combination of woods brings comfort and warmth
12. The hardwood floor has several advantages
13. Look how amazing this mixture of coatings is
14. This combination of taco and cobogós helps to bring a nostalgic air
15. As it is a natural floor, it brings more life to the environment
16. It can brighten up the environment if it is well cared for
17. One idea is to bet on the bat to the wall
18. Flooring may have a higher cost, but it has great benefits
19. It’s a good idea for those who have originality
20. Anyway, one of the best bets for your apartment
Hardwood flooring is one of the main types of flooring for the environment. Take the opportunity to know floors that imitate wood if you are looking for a more affordable floor.