Gourmet area coverings help to compose the decoration of the environment. Each type of them brings a completely different feel and style to this area of the house. Therefore, in this post you will see tips from an architect on the best types of flooring and 50 decoration ideas that you will fall in love with. Check out!
Best types of flooring for gourmet area to choose right
When choosing the coating for a particular region of the house, it is necessary to choose well what is expected of it. Therefore, several things need to be taken into account. Like style, strength, site conditions, etc. In this way, the architect Giulia Dutra shows which are the best types of coating for the gourmet area.
According to Dutra, this option may be the most affordable of all. Because there is “a lot of variety in prices and looks”. However, “it is necessary to take into account the practicality of the place. For example, 3D porcelain tile is more difficult to clean,” he points out. “Polished and satin porcelain tiles are easier to clean. So it all depends on the customer’s taste.”
Granites and Marbles
This option has a higher value. “Prices can vary a lot. For example, calacata marble costs R$ 2500.00 per square meter. While São Gabriel granite has an average price of R$ 600.00 per square meter”, he says. In addition, the architect points out that both stones can cover both the wall and the countertops and “they make the environment more classic”.
Another cheap and stylish option is to bet on MDF planners. “Many people have chosen to cover the gourmet area with MDF. With the exception of the barbecue, because of the temperature”, comments the specialist. Another positive point of this material is that “there is a wide variety of textures, colors and brands. Which can please all kinds of people.”
Giulia Dutra states that “the brick is the most common option, when the person wants to make a more rustic and traditional option”. In addition, it is an option with many positive points: “it is cheaper than the others, maintenance is easy and it can cover the barbecue and the wall”.
This coating is for sink countertop only. Maintenance can be more labor intensive. In addition, the specialist architect says that “there is the option of making the barbecue in masonry and covering it with wood. However, maintenance is complicated and there is a risk of wood burning”.
This coating is cheaper than porcelain tile. “This happens because it is made from red clay. However, there are also several design options”, says Dutra. However, “because it is of a lower quality, it absorbs water more easily and can stain faster than porcelain tile and often the edges are not rectified, which makes the grout thick and marked”. It is an option for those on a budget.
The professional’s tips help you decide how the composition of your gourmet area will be. However, it is still necessary to think about the decoration and how the coating will harmonize with the other elements. So how about seeing some ideas?
50 photos of gourmet area flooring that will fill your eyes
The gourmet area is the part of the house where a lot happens. Whether it’s a meeting with friends or a special family lunch. Therefore, she needs to be impeccable and be up to these occasions. In this way, see 50 ideas to get right in choosing the ideal coating.
1. The gourmet area coating changes the environment
2. Therefore, it needs to be decided with patience
3. And some things must be taken into account
4. As the place where the gourmet area will be
5. An example is the coating for the internal gourmet area
6. It can be of more delicate materials
7. Like subway tiles
8. Also, one more thing is needed
9. That it matches the interior decoration of the house
10. This will make everything more harmonious
11. However, the gourmet area can be separated
12. And have a space just for her
13. For that, some things need to be different
14. As the coating for the outdoor gourmet area
15. In that case, he needs some special treatments
16. After all, you will be more exposed to time
17. There are several options for this
18. And the tips from architect Giulia Dutra will be useful
19. That is, they will help you choose the ideal coating
20. Like this ceramic coating
21. External areas can be of different sizes
22. And in many cases they are used for leisure
23. The gourmet area suits this well
24. Even more so when there’s a pool next to it
25. In these cases, attention is needed
26. Mainly in the coating for gourmet area with swimming pool
27. He must give people security
28. That is, avoid accidents
29. Also, she needs to be comfortable
30. Gourmet area configuration may vary
31. However, it is possible to have a very Brazilian gourmet area
32. She can have a grill
33. Which is a national passion
34. Flooring for gourmet area with barbecue is important
35. Why it must be temperature resistant
36. And it needs to be easy to maintain
37. After all, grease and smoke can make cleaning difficult
38. Architect Giulia Dutra gave several tips for this
39. See this example
40. This one uses gray granite in the composition
41. The gourmet area must have a specific style
42. One of them might be more rustic
43. In this case, the coating makes all the difference
44. It needs to be a rustic gourmet area covering
45. One option is to bet on raw tones
46. She can be timeless
47. And never lose your style
48. Coatings need to be well thought out
49. After all, they are also part of the decor
50. And they give a lot of charm to the environment
With all these ideas it is possible to know what the new decoration of your gourmet area will be like, right? However, there are other things that need to be taken into account. For example, what will be placed in this part of the house. A good idea is to bet on a glass grill .