Pool stones are important elements for those who have this area at home. The choice depends on several factors, in addition to price and style. So, see tips from two architects to help you choose and 50 more models to apply this coating. Check out!
best stones for pool
The material of the stones is important because they must meet various requirements. Because of this, the architects Alexia Kaori and Juliana Stendard, founders of Urutau Arquitetura , gave several tips that will help you in your decision. The architects emphasize that in order to avoid infiltrations, “the correct waterproofing of the place, as well as an adequate installation of the coatings, is essential”. In this way, see the best stones for swimming pool:
This stone has a greenish hue and is native to Indonesia. It is non-slip and heat resistant. Its finish can be smooth or rough. In addition, Alexia and Juliana claim that this stone can be used both inside and on the edges of the pool. Its value can vary between $ 300 to $ 500 per square meter.
This stone has national origin and is natural. According to the architects, “it has properties similar to imported hijau stone, but at a more affordable price”. In addition, the Brazilian hijau can also be used outside the pool. The price varies between $ 200 and $ 300 per square meter.
This is another natural stone originating in Indonesia. It is also non-slip and heat resistant. However, its tone is dark gray and the finish can be smooth or rough. Also, it can be used as a border. The value per square meter is, on average, between $300 and $450 reais.
This type of pool stone can be of national or imported origin. In addition, it has non-slip characteristics and does not absorb heat easily. Alexia and Juliana recommend its use “inside the pool, because as the stone is white, the bluish tone intensifies when wet or with variations in lighting”. The cost per square meter of this stone is between $ 200 to $ 350 reais.
Despite not being natural, it is versatile due to the availability of colors, point out the architects. Another positive point is the different size and price range options. Prices can range from $70 to $250 per square meter. Therefore, it “can be indicated for any type of project”, they point out.
Despite not being a natural stone, there is a wide range of types and price ranges, which directly depend on the quality and manufacturer. Alexia and Juliana state that “some types are similar to the finish of natural stones”. Therefore, “its diversity allows it to cover the most varied projects. It is recommended to use those that have a non-slip finish”. The value of this coating varies between 80 and 300 reais per square meter.
In addition to these tips, the architects emphasize that the “pool covering, both on the inside and on the edge, needs to be resistant and low-maintenance, as it is exposed to the weather. In addition, the ideal is not to be slippery, to avoid accidents, and preferably it should not absorb too much heat, to ensure more environmental comfort”.
Best pool edge stones
The choice of stones for the edge is very important. As much for style as for comfort and safety. In this way, check out the tips from the founders of Urutau Arquitetura to choose the best stones for the edge of the pool.
- Pedra São Tomé: It has several colors (white, yellow, pink and mixed). This stone is of national origin and is non-slip, does not absorb heat and its value is between $ 100 and $ 200 per square meter.
- Pedra Goiás: It is another national and natural stone. It is non-slip and does not conduct as much heat. According to experts, “it is available in different textures and shades, ranging from greenish gray to more yellowish”. Goiás stone costs between $ 70 to $ 150 per square meter.
- National travertine: It takes its name because it has characteristics very close to travertine marble, but it is also called beige marble. Its price is more affordable than imported stone. Alexia and Juliana state that “it is recommended to opt for treatments such as brushing and levigating, which leave the surface non-slip. It is also necessary to request the waterproofing of the parts”. Each square meter can cost between $250 to $350 .
- Washed granite: Also called fulget floor. This type of coating is composed of ground rocks and cement alloy, so there are different textures and colors. The value is between $ 100 and $ 150 per square meter.
- Athermal edge : It can also be known as edge athermal cement floor. It is a coating made from cement and additives. The surface is thermal and non-slip. In addition, she owns the colors are white, gray and yellow. The value varies between $ 80 and $ 150 per square meter.
With all these tips, all you need to do is decide how your pool will look. So, how about seeing some ideas for the use of stones for the pool?
50 photos of pool stones that will renew your leisure area
When building or renovating a pool, many things must be taken into account, as style is as important as the choice of materials. So, here’s how to combine look, landscaping and functionality in 50 ideas:
1. The pool stones completely influence the look
2. They help to compose the environment
3. However, several things need to be taken into account
4. From the price range
5. Going through comfort
6. Up to security
7. After all, this is an area that gets wet
8. Therefore, the stone must be non-slip
9. In this way, accidents are avoided
10. Also, this area of the house must be comfortable
11. Therefore, the stone must be athermic
12. Or be resistant to heat absorption
13. That way, she won’t get hot
14. And no one will have to worry about it
15. After all, no one wants to burn their foot when getting out of the water
16. Mainly because this area is exposed to the sun
17. Stones can meet various styles
18. From the most contemporary
19. Even the most rustic
20. And they are used in various parts of the pool
21. Both on the inside
22. How much on the outside
23. Match the color of the stone with the landscaping
24. Or create a pool with little beach
25. See this composition of different stones
26. This area of the house must be immaculate
27. After all, it is there that many things will happen
28. For example, leisure time
29. Or the weekend meetings
30. So, bet on a space for these meetings
31. This will make the environment more cozy
32. This can be achieved in several ways
33. One of them is betting on different types of stone
34. They help create a unique environment
35. Even if they’re just one color
36. Therefore, three things are important
37. The environment should match your style
38. Be in agreement with your reality
39. And meet your needs
40. With all this in mind, the result will look amazing
41. And the leisure area will be ideal
42. Worthy of a paradise setting
43. Your moments will be even more cozy
44. So bet on these tips
45. And remember what the architects said
46. This will make your pool perfect
47. So keep one thing in mind
48. Choose the stones and coatings well
49. They must unite with the pool
50. This combination will be the protagonist of your house
Now it is easier to decide which stone will be used in your pool, after all, the architects’ tips will help a lot. In addition, it is important to decide on another element, which is the pool edge .