Bathroom porcelain tile can be used on walls, floors and even countertops . This type of coating is popular as it combines elegance with good strength. Next, check out the explanation by architect Giulia Dutra about the types of porcelain tiles and get inspired by incredible projects.
5 best porcelain tiles for bathroom
According to Giulia, “porcelain tile has low water absorption, which allows for greater durability in humid environments”. See below the best coating options indicated by the architect:
Satin porcelain – $$
Also called natural, this type “receives only matte enamel, so it is characterized by its lackluster surface”, explained Giulia. The professional added that it is suitable for areas with high traffic, but its surface can accumulate more dirt.
Enameled porcelain – $$
This option has an intense glow. That’s because it receives a “layer of enamel in its production, which defines the colors and textures”. In addition, the professional warned: “it is suitable for areas with medium traffic, as its enameled surface can be slippery”.
Technical porcelain – $$$
The technical porcelain tile “does not receive the enamel layer on its surface during manufacture, which allows a lower absorption rate”. This option is resistant and “its colors and textures are characterized by the material used in its production (eg clay)”, added Giulia.
Granulated porcelain – $$$
The architect explained that this type of material receives a layer of enamel with grit. In this way, the surface of the coating becomes rougher and more rustic. “It is common in high-traffic and wet areas, such as swimming pools. (…) Nothing prevents using it in the bathroom, it depends on the client’s taste”, she added.
Polished porcelain – $$$$
Giulia explained that “the polished one, like the enameled one, receives a layer of enamel on its surface”. The difference is that this option gains another protective layer, which goes through mechanical polishing, to make the surface brighter and smoother. Thus, despite being very beautiful, “its extra layer makes the porcelain tile smoother and prone to scratches and slips”.
The architect concluded by saying that the values vary according to the size of the environment, brand and type chosen. Also, any of them are great for bathrooms, what should be considered is your personal taste.
60 photos of porcelain tile for bathroom that exude elegance
Here are the best porcelain tile bathrooms that will inspire your project:
1. Porcelain tile is a ceramic coating
2. Produced from clay
3. It is used in various environments
4. It has good durability in wet environments.
5. Therefore, it is a frequent choice for bathrooms
6. This coating brings sophistication
7. Adds a touch of modernity
8. And it helps to enlarge the space
9. How about this small bathroom with porcelain tiles?
10. You can do something simpler
11. Including material only on the floor
12. Or in some details
13. For example, the carved sink countertop
14. Combining with other materials
15. Add some color
16. Texture mix is welcome
17. If you want to dare, make a complete bathroom in porcelain
18. The environment is a luxury
19. What’s great to unwind after a long day
20. Still having doubts about choosing the best porcelain tile?
21. List the characteristics you don’t give up
22. Example: do you prefer something very shiny?
23. How about investing in different versions, such as enameled?
24. Just one bench can be enough
25. It is possible to use it only in the sink area
26. Leaving the box with other coverings
27. If you want to make the bathroom even more beautiful
28. Invest in other details to enrich the decor
29. Gold finishes are elegant
30. Ideal for those looking for classic and timeless tones
31. It is possible to use rose gold to look more modern
32. Another tip to enhance the environment is to add plants
33. They make the decor much more cozy
34. And they can be natural or artificial
35. Do you want to highlight your bathroom with satin porcelain tiles even more?
36. Bet on good lighting
37. In addition to helping with site visibility
38. Light complements the environment
39. Making it more welcoming and comfortable
40. It’s worth using more stylish lamps
41. Or something simpler
42. The bathroom with marbled porcelain is very common
43. Well, they represent the beauty of the rock in a simple way
44. And of course, they are much lighter and more versatile
45. Random veins are present
46. Contributing to the sophistication of the environment
47. Another tip is to create contrast in the decoration
48. Thus, porcelain tile gains prominence
49. And the environment is harmonious
50. Even a black bathroom with porcelain tiles looks amazing
51. Wood can break some of the color sobriety
52. Classic black and white is no mistake
53. Regardless of the type of material chosen
54. Consider your finishing preferences
55. And of course, think about the cost-effectiveness to respect your budget
56. Porcelain tiles for bathrooms may surprise you
57. Create a clean and modern decor
58. But without losing elegance
59. Have the bathroom of your dreams
60. And surrender to the beauty of this material!
So, did you like the options? Choose your favorite and use it as inspiration for your project! If you want to be bold in the decoration, check out these bathroom options with burnt cement .