The bathroom niche helps to optimize the available space. All this is done in a way that does not take up space in the environment. In this post an architect will answer five questions about this decoration element and you will be able to see incredible ways to use it in your bathroom. Check out!
5 questions about the niche for the bathroom to take advantage of the space
When thinking about renovating, it is normal to have several doubts about some facilities in the house. That’s why the architect Giulia Dutra asked questions about the bathroom niche. They will help you decide to stick with this accessory for good. Check out:
What is the best material for the niche?
Giulia Dutra (GD): The best materials to use are stones. Be they marble or granite, plaster and even porcelain. It can be used in the bathroom.
What is the ideal size to make the bathroom niche?
GD: There is no ideal size for a niche. It must fit the customer’s need. For horizontal niches, the minimum height from the floor to the beginning of the niche is 90 cm and the height of the niche is at least 30 cm. For vertical niches, the total height of the niche must be adapted to the customer’s needs and its width must be at least 25 cm.
What is the best area to place the bathroom niche?
GD: The niche can be inserted into any area of the bathroom. Because it is characterized as an optimization of space to be able to store belongings and objects. That is, the niche can be placed several places in order to take up little space in the environment. Be it next to the shower, to store shampoos, soap etc; or next to the toilet, next to the sink. It all depends on the customer’s need.
Is it possible to place a niche without breaking the wall?
GD: Yes! Sometimes, because the walls are thinner, there is no possibility of making a niche. This would damage the structure of the wall. Also, places where bathroom plumbing passes cannot be made niches in the wall. That is why it is opted to insert ready-made niches, such as wood, mdf, stones, glass, etc.
Are there specific options where niche is best? Ex.: small bathrooms , renovations, etc.
GD: Yes! As mentioned before, the niche adapts to the customer’s needs. The space must be optimized to be able to house a greater amount of objects, belongings and decorations. Thus, consequently, it gives more style and elegance to the environment.
Now that some questions have been answered, you can now plan for your bathroom renovation. In this way, how about seeing some beautiful bathrooms that took the niches to another level of beauty?
60 bathroom niche photos that optimize space
When betting on niches, you need to think about how they will harmonize with the decor. After all, they can’t just be a space placed on the wall. So, here are 60 ways to make a bathroom niche:
1. The bathroom niche optimizes the available space
2. This piece is made to give you more freedom
3. Be of movements
4. Or circulation
5. It can be made in many ways
6. And of various materials
7. It shows its versatility
8. For example, see the marble bathroom niche
9. It makes the room look different
10. Without losing the classic style
11. Refinement is still present
12. Also, there are things to consider
13. The guest architect gave some tips on this
14. One is about the shape of the niche
15. “They need to be in accordance with your needs”, points out the architect
16. For example, some people prefer a minimalist look
17. This can be done in several ways
18. One of them is the niche for the built-in bathroom
19. See how the bathroom is functional
20. In addition, everything needs to be in harmony
21. That is, the niche must match the bathroom
22. This must happen from the style
23. Going through materials and colors
24. Even by the size
25. It needs to adapt to the size of the room
26. This can be done in a special way
27. With the niche for the small bathroom
28. However, attention must be paid to measures
29. They must be in accordance with your need
30. In addition to complying with minimum sizes
31. Which have already been pointed out by the architect
32. The same goes for depth
33. Which has a very important role
34. After all, this measure impacts the niche capacity
35. However, it depends on the wall thickness
36. So think about how the niche will be used
37. The versatility of this element is enormous
38. Even more so when it comes to style
39. See the porcelain bathroom niche
40. This material brings modernity
41. Especially when the colors are the same
42. See the solution adopted in this bathroom
43. Porcelain tile colors may vary
44. For example, in light tones
45. The bathroom will be even more cozy
46. And baths will be even more relaxing
47. However, it is worth remembering what the architect said
48. That niches need to adapt to their reality
49. And there are different ways to do this
50. Therefore, it is possible to resort to other options
51. Like the wooden bathroom niche
52. This solution is also very functional
53. And there are several possibilities
54. However, remember that the bathroom is a wet area
55. This can damage the wood
56. So do a good waterproofing
57. This will increase the durability of your niche
58. And your bathroom will look amazing
59. On top of that, it will be very functional
60. And you’ll have style to spare
The ideas in this post help to understand how the niche optimizes the bathroom space. In addition, they are very versatile and go well with various decor styles. If you still want to renovate your bathroom but don’t know which style to go with, check out minimalist bathroom ideas .