Pastel yellow is responsible for transmitting cozy and soft sensations to the environment, although it is a variation of a warm tone. It is possible to introduce it into the decor in different ways, whether in the bedroom , living room or any other room. Follow the article for tips from an architect and inspiration.
5 tips for using pastel yellow in decor
According to Marina Medeiros, from Drusa Arquitetura , pastel yellow does not need to be combined only with other colors in the palette. “When it is paired with a baby blue, for example, the atmosphere is light and fun. With dark and similar colors, such as terracotta, it creates a warm but sober atmosphere. The texture of light wood, on the other hand, becomes a good ally for delicate environments”, explained the professional. Check out more tips from the architect to add this color to the decor:
in the children’s room
Pastel yellow is widely used in children’s room decor . The architect’s tip is: “add the tone in the painting of the walls or in the joinery details, which have textures, such as light wood and shades of gray, creating a contemporary and delicate atmosphere”.
“In spaces where children’s activities will be carried out, such as a toy library, paintings and carpentry details also fit, but can be associated with other colors in pastel tones, creating a playful and soft atmosphere”, suggested the architect.
in the social area
In mature environments, pastel yellow is responsible for bringing a touch of joy. It can appear on furniture and accessories. The architect’s suggestion is to produce a composition of pillows in pastel yellow and terracotta tones. In grayish neutral sofas , this combination breaks a little with the overloaded seriousness of the environment.
in the details
A democratic option to decorate with pastel yellow, without running the risk of getting sick easily, is to add the tone in the details: “the color can be present in the upholstery of curved sofas and soft puffs, bringing a fun air to the environment”, added the professional.
To ensure the durability
As it is a light color, pastel yellow requires some considerations to ensure that its durability in decoration is maintained: “avoid using it in high-traffic environments, whether on sofas or rugs, where the circulation of people and pets is intense, because it is a color that shows more dirt or scratches. In these environments, it is best to abuse the composition in loose elements of decoration”, explains Medeiros.
The architect left an important tip for combining colors : “with warm and vivid colors, the environment will be more agitated and dynamic. The combination with cold colors, with a green and blue background, will leave the environment with a calmer feeling”. So, first of all, it is important to define the style of decoration.
60 projects that prove the versatility of pastel yellow
Depending on the combination and intention, pastel yellow, in an open or closed tone, guarantees the most different sensations to environments. Check:
1. The most popular environment to use pastel yellow is in the children’s room
2. That’s because the color conveys joy without losing delicacy
3. And it still offers a unique welcome to the dorm
4. A radical departure from the “pink bedroom for girls, blue bedroom for boys” premise
5. Pastel yellow is for all kids
6. By the way, it is an option for all ages
7. Combined with the light blue, the dorm setup is smooth
8. With black, the dynamics are different
9. To break the sobriety of burnt cement, yellow reigned
10. On the wall, the gradient inspires creativity
11. See how the tone harmonizes well with the granilite wallpaper
12. For the children’s room, a playful painting
13. Notice the delicacy of the light wood with the pastel tone
14. In a room where beige and white dominate, pastel yellow is a special touch
15. Look at the charm of this crib
16. Combined with red, the dynamics of this environment change the tone
17. A pastel card for the toy library
18. And also for the jovial room
19. In woodworking, pastel yellow stands out as a great highlight
20. Just like the wall, which gained other decorative elements
21. A warm puff to brighten up the environment
22. Yellow and gray added a vintage touch to the kitchen
23. Colored chairs are enough to transform an environment
24. Make the home office more cozy
25. In this project, the closed tone created a beautiful set with the woodworking
26. A touch of pastel yellow glamor for the living room
27. In the office, yellow and marsala inspire creativity
28. On the bench, the combination prints good mood
29. The bathroom also gets a special touch
30. In the details, the difference is striking
31. This palette turned out to be very welcoming
32. Colors make a lot of difference in children’s environments
33. Angles that favor the union of colors
34. A contemporary kitchen marked by lightness
35. Betting on a pastel yellow sofa is a departure from the traditional
36. You can include color in natural materials, such as straw
37. In the lacquered cabinet, the decor radiates joy
38. In the composition of the stylized wall, the card lights up
39. In the bathroom, burnt cement helps to bring out the yellow even more
40. When in doubt, bet on a chair in each pastel shade
41. The pastel tone turns simple into elegant
42. Notice how the chair was harmonized with the tone of the wood
43. In a sober room, the pastel yellow sofa goes well
44. Quite a delicacy in the social bathroom
45. How about this explosion of colors?
46. If you prefer something simpler, just put a dot of color
47. How can you not love the warmth created by pastel yellow and gray?
48. A subtle backdrop for mint green woodworking
49. You can start coloring discreetly with pillows and frames
50. And even with vases and other adornments
51. And then move on to more striking color points, like a piece of furniture
52. Or with a personal reference
53. Be in a very colorful environment/h3>
54. Or in simple point of color
55. Pastel yellow is present
56. And is able to make the environment more fun
57. Or more welcoming
58. You will define the objective according to the chosen tone
59. And the way pastel yellow will be introduced
60. To add personality to the environment
Whether in the candy color chart or combined with earthy tones in the decoration, pastel yellow will bring a cheerful point to the environment in a harmonious way, just find the desired balance.