Creating a home cinema seems like a complex idea, but believe me, it can be easier than you think. With some technological resources in your favor installed in a comfortable space, it is possible to gather the family to marathon series and watch feature films with all the comfort that your own living room can offer you.
Tips for setting up a home cinema
Whether in your own living room or a bedroom predestined just for this purpose, setting up a home cinema requires a few resources that will make all the difference.
Ensuring practical, indirect lighting is not necessarily a rule, but it can help create the perfect mood for your movie theater. A floor or table lamp, placed on a side table next to the sofa, will collaborate for that break to go to the bathroom, grab a popcorn or drink in the kitchen, or alleviate the darkness if the idea is not to watch a movie with full light. off (not everyone likes to watch horror movies in the dark, right?).
TV or projector
A TV with good resolution or a projector are the main elements to compose a home cinema. Nowadays, it is also interesting that this television is Smart, to accommodate your favorite streams, or that it has a device that mirrors the cell phone on the television, such as a Chrome Cast or a Fire TV Stick.
a good sofa
Here we must take into account the space in which the home cinema will be installed: if it is in the living room, it is important that the sofa is suitable both for receiving guests and for resting in front of the TV. Of course, its size must also be chosen according to the size of the room, so that it does not interfere with circulation. But if the home cinema is set up in a bedroom just for this purpose, there is the freedom to think outside the box: armchairs , ottomans or sofas with retractable back and seat are great options.
curtain / blackout
So that you don’t have the limitation of only watching your favorite movie or series only at night, invest in a good blackout curtain so that the brightness of the day does not negatively influence the image quality of your TV or projector. There are several options on the market that suit your space, balcony door or window, and the prices are also very diverse.
A home theater or soundbar is the icing on the cake that your project needs (if it is a small room, this item may become unnecessary if your TV has a good speaker). When it comes to the first option, there is a range of possibilities, from the system embedded in panels and in the lowered ceiling, as well as devices with separate boxes that can be spread as you prefer around the room.
With these guaranteed features, just pop the popcorn, settle in your seat, and play that movie you’ve been waiting for comes out of the big rooms, straight to your home.
65 home cinema photos to inspire and enrich your project
The following images have rooms and bedrooms that have been transformed into a true quality cinema. Get inspired:
1. A home cinema calls for good television
2. And you can also do your best by adopting a very powerful soundbar
3. With a giant screen, the image quality gains even more prominence
4. And with smart technology, you guarantee even more ease in your fun
5. A blackout will ensure your comfort during your matinee session
6. In addition to contributing to the family’s privacy
7. And for your comfort, choose a very comfortable sofa
8. Retractable models are foolproof in this function
9. Your home theater can be guaranteed no matter the space
10. What will guarantee the quality will be the items that you will include in the room
11. In this project, air conditioning became a plus
12. You can create your home theater in a secluded room
13. Or in the living room itself, as a 2 in 1 environment
14. If the budget allows, how about automating the roll blackout?
15. In this project, the wooden panel and ceiling brought a welcoming touch to the space
16. Just like the plant wall behind this TV
17. A luminaire ensures a pleasant atmosphere to the environment
18. And the rug helps to make everything more cozy and welcoming
19. The panel hanging cabinet can be a great place to store some goodies
20. The spacious living room has a double-sided sofa for the living room and cinema
21. A rack with a hollow door can masterfully hide all electronics
22. In this studio, the movie theater next to the kitchen left everything much more at hand
23. Home theater brings all the sound quality of a movie theater into the home
24. And you can hide the boxes at strategic points
25. Or even embed them in the living room molding
26. The soundbar, on the other hand, fulfills its function well in smaller spaces
27. But in reduced spaces they even become expendable
28. Because TV quality can guarantee sound in a small room
29. Also, pay attention to the space x size of the TV in your space
30. This can be calculated with a basic account
31. Just calculate the screen diagonal size times three
32. For example, a 42-inch TV needs to be 2.70 meters from the sofa
33. That is, for your convenience, the bigger the TV, the greater the distance
34. The height to install the TV on the wall follows a standard
35. The space between the center of the screen and the floor must be 1.5 meters
36. Returning to sound quality, space also influences the power chosen
37. The bigger the environment, the greater the power and the number of boxes
38. So, the loud noises of a movie don’t become uncomfortable in reduced environments
39. Nor do they become inaudible in wider spaces
40. The equipment can be of the most varied, from those wired directly to the TV
41. Even devices connected with bluetooth
42. But speaking of comfort, ottomans to support the feet are very welcome
43. This applies to small spaces that do not accommodate the much-awaited retractable sofa
44. In fact, thinking about comfort becomes an indispensable item in this project
45. And it’s not just about the size of the couch or the space between them
46. But also the type of material it will be coated with
47. Fabric ones are the most suitable for a home cinema
48. As well as being more comfortable, they also don’t make much noise when you move
49. The comfort of your movie theater is also about the amount of brightness
50. That’s why curtains in very bright environments are of great importance in the project
51. Especially if your home theater has a projector
52. If the cinema is set up in an exclusive dormitory, personalization can go further
53. So, armchairs and sofas can have an even more unique face
54. The projector needs to have a special ceiling corner just for it
55. And the distance of its installation must be taken into account according to the space
56. More minimalist designs include practical and versatile solutions
57. And can mix used items in a living room
58. Without forgetting the quality of the experience
59. An example is the lights guaranteed with led strip
60. Here the mirrors ensured a feeling of spaciousness
61. In this project, the curtain and the rug provided the necessary comfort
62. The darker the better
63. Creating a home theater is more about functionality
64. Than specific decorations that detract from your style
65. The important thing is to make the best use of your space
The final tip for setting up your home cinema is: cherish your snuggle. Choosing all items taking into account your comfort and well-being is essential for a successful project. Living room lighting is one of the great influencers for your comfort.