The chrysanthemum or Chrysanthemum is a plant that is gaining space in indoor environments for bringing life and color to the decoration . Native to Asia, the flower is known for having several species and varieties. In addition, she is a symbol of joy, positivity and perfection. Next, check out tips to cultivate it and harmonize it in the decoration.
How to care for chrysanthemum
The chrysanthemum is an easy plant to grow, as it is a perennial and long-lasting flower. However, like any potted plant, it needs some care. Here are 7 valuable tips to achieve the best results:
- Cultivation: for planting in pots, it is important to carry out adequate drainage, which can be done with stones, expanded clay or gravel.
- Watering: the chrysanthemum is a flower that likes water, but does not tolerate soggy soil. The tip is to perform the finger test, placing it on the soil to feel the humidity. If it’s dry, it needs to be watered.
- Fertilization: can be performed every six months with NPK fertilizer rich in phosphorus. In addition, you can also use organic fertilizers for flowering plants.
- Brightness: The chrysanthemum should be grown in direct sunlight or in partial shade, as it needs the sun to bloom. The ideal is to prefer milder periods of the day, such as the morning or afternoon sun.
- Pruning: must be done after each flowering to encourage the emergence of new flowers. The ideal is to cut branches of up to 4 centimeters.
- Seedlings: can be made from the branches of older plants. For successful planting, select 4-centimeter branches and plant them in soil rich in organic matter.
- Planting: Finally, the best time to plant the flower is in spring. Thus, it is possible to ensure that it blooms in autumn, the perfect time to generate new flowers.
From these tips, it was easy to grow chrysanthemums at home, right? Whether in small gardens or in pots, with these guidelines, you will have beautiful flowers for a long time.
Learn more about chrysanthemum
To ensure that the chrysanthemum brings color and life to the decoration, in addition to a lot of affection and attention, it is necessary to follow some care and guidelines. Below, watch a selection of videos full of details about the flower’s planting, cultivation and flowering:
Tips on planting and flowering chrysanthemum
In this video, gardening expert Henrique Buttler talks about the characteristics of chrysanthemums and gives great tips on planting. In addition, he teaches you how to maintain a prolonged flowering, ensuring that your plant always has beautiful flowers. Undoubtedly, it is worth checking the guidelines and writing down the step by step.
More chrysanthemum care tips
In this video, gardener Flávia Kremer listed great tips on the proper cultivation of the flower and also talked about its symbolism and varieties. It’s worth checking out the video and jotting down all the information.
How to ensure a prolonged flowering of chrysanthemums
In this vlog, landscape designer Nô Figueiredo teaches how to prolong the flowering of the plant, thus ensuring that it stays longer in your decoration. Want to learn? So, watch the video and enjoy the great guidelines.
How to make chrysanthemum seedlings
Finally, if you are already thinking about increasing your chrysanthemum family, this video is worth checking out. In it, you will learn how to create new seedlings by planting cuttings.
After writing down all these tips, all that’s left to do is decorate! Without a doubt, you will love to feel the scent and the strong presence that the chrysanthemum has.
15 photos of a beautiful and modern decoration with chrysanthemum
The time has come to make the decoration even more beautiful with the presence of chrysanthemums. Next, check out 15 inspiring options to compose a delicate and colorful environment:
1. The chrysanthemum is a flower that brings joy and beauty to the decor
2. Known as “Golden Flower”
3. The plant has more than 800 varieties
4. Which allow you to create cheerful and modern arrangements
5. With combinations that bring even more charm to the ornamentation
6. Yellow glows with energy
7. Chrysanthemum can be grown outdoors
8. As well as indoors
9. When it comes to vase, the flower can be the highlight
10. Or the vase can add to the charm
11. Try using wooden vases for a more rustic decor
12. Ceramic vases to compose a sophisticated environment
13. And glass vases to highlight the arrangements
14. Also, create effects with different colors
15. You will no doubt love the striking presence of chrysanthemums
With all these tips and inspirations, you can now include the chrysanthemum in your home decor. Choose the variety that best suits your style and make the environment more cheerful. If you like flowers with strong presence and symbolism, also grow the peace lily , which is ornamental and has beautiful flowers.