Beautiful, elegant and known as a symbol of prosperity, Renda Portuguesa is a kind of fern that you must have at home. Native to Australia, the plant is herbaceous, easy to grow and has delicate leaves that add charm to the decor. Next, check out tips from a landscaper to grow this beautiful plant and create beautiful environments:
What is the Renda Portuguesa plant?
The Portuguese lace, or Davallia fejeensis , is a plant native to the Fiji Islands, Australia and is popularly known as Fern-pé-de-coelho. According to landscaper Thais Lemos , it is a herbaceous plant with a delicate appearance, which usually reaches between 20 and 40 cm in height. Its name refers to the design of its leaves, which are similar in shape to lace.
In addition to being a very delicate plant, the Portuguese lace is also a symbol
of good luck. Thais Lemos recalls that the plant, according to Feng Shui , is used to bring prosperity to indoor environments. In addition, the fern symbolizes ancestry, as well as a positive influence in the fields of career and work.
A curiosity, the plant is also called “Samambaia-pé-de-coelho”, as it has rhizomes in a shape similar to the feet of the animal, a symbol of luck for many centuries. According to Thais, it is believed that rabbits bring luck because they are animals that procreate easily and this symbolized, in popular belief, an act of prosperity in people’s lives. For the landscaper, Renda Portuguesa is a great amulet to have at home and is a good gift for anyone who is in a period of transition and life change.
How to take care of Portuguese lace
To bring all the charm of Portuguese lace to your corner, it is important to know how to cultivate it correctly and with care. So, check out tips from expert Thais Lemos to have this beautiful plant at home:
- Cultivation: the plant can be grown in “cuia” type pots, which are wide and not too deep. According to Thais, the vase must have holes and can be made of plastic, clay, or coconut fiber;
- Irrigation: according to the landscaper, the fern prefers humid environments, as it likes frequent watering. The ideal is to water the plant when the soil starts to get dry;
- The ideal period for fertilizing is between the beginning of spring and the end of autumn”;
- Luminosity: the plant likes bright environments, but does not tolerate direct sun on its leaves. In internal environments, the ideal is to place it next to the windows;
- Soil: “the plant substrate must be rich in organic matter and well drained, so that there is no compaction and accumulation of water”, recommends the specialist;
- Seedlings: “can be produced by cutting the rhizomes of the plant. These should be cut into pieces of approximately 15 cm and planted at an angle of 45ºC. The tip is to plant in pots with a moist substrate rich in organic matter”;
- Care: finally, Thais remembers that in winter the fern leaves can fall and turn yellow. To avoid the problem and encourage the birth of nut leaves, the landscaper recommends pruning.
From these tips, you can already have this beautiful fern at home. Choose the right environment and get ready to have a modern and elegant decor.
Learn more about Portuguese Income
How about staying on top of tricks and curiosities about Portuguese Income? The following selection of videos provides more information for you to ensure success in growing your plant. It’s worth following along, as the tips are also very useful:
More tips for growing Portuguese lace ( click “cc” for translation)
10 beautiful decoration photos with Portuguese lace
You have already learned how to cultivate Portuguese Income. Now, how about knowing inspirations to harmonize it in your decor? The following list brings beautiful options to make your corner even more beautiful. Look that:
1. With delicate and leafy leaves, Renda Portuguesa is pure charm
2. As it is versatile and adaptable, it is perfect for indoor environments.
3. And, more and more, it gains space in the decoration
4. It looks beautiful in the composition of internal gardens, bringing color and life to environments
5. A perfect option to bet on a green wall
6. Also, it looks equally beautiful in different types of vases.
7. And delights in any corner of the house
8. Try using creativity
9. Look at the charm of this decoration with a wooden stool? The effect is beautiful!
10. You will love the possibilities the fern offers!
It is impossible not to fall in love with the delicacy of Portuguese Lace. Not to mention that the plant brings good energies and makes any environment even more beautiful! Another plant that can also bring prosperity to your home is the Chrysanthemum . It has charming flowers and is known for bringing joy to environments.