Famous for its beauty and mystique, the Daisy is a very popular flower species. Of European origin, this plant found fertile soil in the most diverse countries, including Brazil. To learn more about this little plant, see what plant specialist Duda said on the subject. Check out!
7 types of daisies to know
Daisies are multiple flowers, full of diversity that give each variety a shine of its own. To start off right, how about getting to know 7 varieties of the Daisy flower?
”It’s the classic, the most famous,” says the expert about the Shasta variety. Being more recognized in the white colors, the species ”tolerates low temperature”, but prefers the sun. A great option for those who want to start growing daisies.
According to the expert, Echinacea purpurea ”is a type of daisy that has purple petals”. He goes on to say that ”the interesting thing about this plant is that it has medicinal properties, since its extract has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory action”.
In this regard, Duda points out that ”Gerbera is also a type of Daisy”. The plant is of South African origin and therefore ”it is a plant that likes the sun and does not like too much water”.
With an attractive name, the Rudbeckias ”are the yellow daisies, with two species: Rudbeckia Fulgida and Rudbeckia Hirta”. Similar to Echinacea Purpurea, they ”are also used as medicinal plants for their antifungal and antibacterial properties”.
Quite diversified, ”the Margazas can be found in several colors”. The specialist draws attention to the pots, because according to her, this species ”likes a lot of space to develop well”. Therefore, she recommends ”pots about 40 cm deep or more”.
Renowned for its ”small yellow flowers”, Dahlberg also ”features leaves that, when cut, give off a pleasant aroma”. A perfect species for your gardens.
daisy from paris
Argyranthemum frutescens likes lower temperatures and likes direct light, making it one of the most popular varieties. Its presence goes back to the popular imagination in movies, series throughout history.
Once you know these types, you already have a more solid base to look for your ideal daisy!
7 characteristics of Daisy
Some of the main features of the Daisy that make it such a recognizable plant are:
- Well-defined petals;
- Leaves with oval shapes;
- Adaptability to the climate;
- flowery bud;
- Medicinal properties;
- lavender scent;
- Long stem.
There are many particular traits, so it is even difficult to confuse the beautiful Daisies with other species of flowers.
How to care for your daisy
To help you in the cultivation of your flower, Duda gave some important tips on the care of this plant. Look:
- Lighting: This plant is sun-friendly, preferring natural lighting whenever possible. Despite her apparent delicacy, Daisy does well with bright lights.
- Soil: Give preference to moist and draining soils, but not soggy. Daisies like a lot of heat, but they don’t appreciate being dehydrated.
- Fertilizer: Soils fertilized with Potassium are ideal for the cultivation of Daisies, maintaining a regular weekly amount of fertilizer.
- Pruning: Pruning is important, whenever there are flowers or dry leaves, cut, stimulating the revitalization of the plant.
- Watering: It is recommended to water the Daisies once a day. But be careful: be careful not to soak it, as excessively wet soil favors the proliferation of fungi.
With these tips your Daisy will surely bloom in a healthy and unique way.
20 pictures of Daisy to inspire your decor
With their delicacy and unique climate, Daisies make your decor even more beautiful. See some unmissable photos!
1. Daisies are charming flowers full of charm
2. Very suitable for interior decoration
3. Enriching the most diverse environments
4. The Mini Daisies make a beautiful flowerbed
5. They go great with other flowers, like White Roses
6. Varieties can create a majestic environment
7. Also, Daisies are romantic flowers
8.And match with cooler colors
9. Bet on dried daisies in your kitchen
10. They are also suitable for decorating backyards
11. Why not leave it by the stove? It’s fun!
12. Invest in yellow in contrast to white furniture
13. In longer vases, Daisies add an air of sophistication to your rooms
14. With this plant, your flower bed will be even more alive!
15. Style combinations are practically endless
16. More delicate decorations have the power to convey you many sensations
17. Lighter species will add a new touch to your living room
18. And why not go to your bathroom?
19. So be sure to enjoy
20. The wonders that Margarida brings to your home!
Wonderful, isn’t it? After these images, it’s hard to control the urge to fill Margaridas’ house. Now that you have ideas on how to use this plant in your home, be sure to check out Morning Glory .