The reading corner is perfect for relaxing and disconnecting from the world. You can set up a library at home or set aside a space for your special moment. Just a few features added to the environment to transform that unused corner of the room into a small literary universe. Check out tips and inspiration!
5 tips to set up a reading corner with your personality
It’s time to travel without leaving the place! Whether in the bedroom, in the living room or in a room just for this purpose, the reading corner needs to give wings to the imagination. So, check out some key features that will help you build your personal oasis:
Choose a promising corner of the house
Do you know the unused area of the bedroom, living room or balcony ? It can be your reading corner. A little place with enhanced natural lighting, for example, near the window, has great potential to become your favorite space in the house. So, during the day, you can read without being held hostage by artificial lighting.
Show off your book collection
Do not hesitate to include your book collection in the decor . For this, your reading corner will need a larger space. If you dream of a private library, include a beautiful bookshelf, bookcase or bookcases in your project. Just don’t forget to separate a cozy corner for reading time.
To make the most of your moment, furniture is very important. Choose an armchair for reading , a comfortable sofa , a chaise longue or even a pallet bed . It is also worth thinking about supporting accessories, such as a side table to accommodate the book and a drink, a knitted blanket for the coldest days or a giant puff . So, just play and dream with your eyes open.
Lighting is essential
Pendant lamps , charming sconces, a floor lamp or on the side table are indispensable for night reading. Thus, it is possible to create a well-lit environment without losing comfort and decoration. Cool lighting helps maintain concentration. Warm-toned lamps can enhance drowsiness, but are cozier.
Decorate with your personality
Decorative details make up the entire personality of the reading corner and give the space its identity. On a shelf, you can add, in addition to books, picture frames, drinks and collectibles. In the surroundings, you can bet on a decoration with plants , include pillows etc.
This corner is a great incentive to further increase the practice of reading with the whole family and the space can also be an attraction for children. In that case, invest in lots of colors, a children’s cabin and a fun decoration. Here are some inspirations that will take you to wonderland.
80 reading corner photos for all styles and ages
Check out a selection of projects in which the reading corner is the main protagonist of the decoration. There are options for the most varied types of readers, age, budget and size. You can save several ideas and add to your personality.
1. A reading corner can be marked by the presence of an armchair
2. And also for a big and elegant bookcase
3. Space can be created with furniture full of family stories
4. Or you can stay in the room, gaining additional functions
5. Plants in the surroundings will help create a cozy atmosphere
6. While a side table will offer convenience while reading
7. The chaise is pure comfort for a relaxing moment
8. An armchair also fulfills this function well
9. In the bedroom, a floor lamp is very welcome
10. For the living room, a composition of niches
11. The reading corner can also be designed to be enjoyed together
12. Daytime reading deserves beautiful natural light
13. Space needs to breathe its identity
14. Take the opportunity to increase comfort with an extender puff
15. In this project, the decoration and the books gained a beautiful sideboard
16. The intimate decor transforms the room into a true library
17. A passionate blue dot in the middle of the room
18. One of the most desired – the fateful shelf with ladder
19. Textured elements bring even more comfort to the reading corner
20. Natural materials are very welcoming
21. Here, just a swing and a side table were enough
22. LED lighting adds a special touch to the decor
23. How about including a rocking chair in your reading corner ?
24. In an environment like this, it’s wonderful to lose track of time
25. This corner consists of a shelf, sideboard and side table
26. A children’s reading corner has playful elements and a lot of creativity
27. A shared corner for the whole family has a neutral decor
28. Bring the reading corner to the child’s room
29. A bedside bookend guarantees great dreams
30. And don’t forget that the little ones also need a point of light for reading before bed
31. For teenagers, a more pop and stripped style
32. A space dedicated to the reading corner accommodates different comfortable seats
33. Even if it’s just a corner, it needs to be integrated into the decor
34. Neutral tones bring calm to the environment
35.And wood is all about the mood of a library
36. Books and decorative objects fill the bookshelf with personality
37. Even with the shelves, the reading corner gets a touch of a private library
38. This space had books to color the clean environment
39. One of the most popular spaces for the reading corner is the living room.
40. It is possible to use multifunctional furniture to enrich the environment
41. The room can be subdivided into two different environments
42. Or having reserved a special and intimate corner just for him
43. Use all kinds of art in decoration
44. But if the house offers a spectacular view, don’t hesitate to install your little corner there.
45. See how lighting readily influences comfort
46. On the other hand, decorative adornments and works of art enrich the space
47. As well as an armchair with a differentiated design
48. Still about spaces, the reading corner can be added next to the fireplace
49. In the TV room, taking advantage of the rack on the side for support
50. The wall sconce was added to the joinery to optimize space
51. When the lobby gets another proposal
52. A sliding glass door can divide the room from the corner
53. Armchair with puff extender is a hit for the corner
54. In addition to being comfortable, it makes the decoration more homogeneous
55. Here, several booksellers have been added side by side
56. This hollow bookcase divided the corner of the office
57. See how the rug brought a special character to the space
58. As well as the handcrafted items in this environment
59. Choose the quietest place in the house
60. Ensuring peace of mind to focus on reading
61. The composition of this space guaranteed a highly contemporary look
62. This project already had urban and industrial elements
63. The solution for this project was to reserve a corner on the sofa in the integrated living room
64. The reserved atmosphere of the office is a good place for literary singing
65. The minimalism of the space created a clean decor
66. The half light created by the curtain made the environment even more cozy
67. Puffs are timeless and perfect to accommodate the body between readings
68. If the chair gets tired, you can throw yourself on the floor cushions
69. See how cozy yellow light is
70. A dome helps to make the lighting cooler
71. The painting on the floor is a modern touch
72. For extra charm, leave the armchair diagonally in front of the bookcase
73. Or in that corner between one wall and another
74. The books on the floor make the space look bohemian and casual
75. That small wall between the balcony and the living room was re-signified
76. Can you imagine yourself in an inviting corner like this?
77. The reading corner is democratic
78. There are no rules when decorating
79. For children, Montessori decoration is very educational
80. And it helps to create little readers from an early age
You can enrich your reading corner by handpicking the space elements. To encourage kids even more, check out beautiful Montessori bedroom ideas . Lots of color, books and creativity go into this decoration.