If you need some apartment small dining room ideas, here are 20 different options perfect for small spaces.
To create an amazing space, one of the first things to consider is maintaining a consistent decor for all open and shared areas of your apartment. For example, similar colors, furniture of the same style and other accessories that will help your small space look more organized and, consequently, will appear larger than it is.
20+ Apartment Small Dining Room Ideas
1. As we see in this design, the floors and wall color are similar to visually create the appearance of one continuous space to make it look larger. Light colors are usually used so that the environment looks the same: spacious and illuminated.
2. The use of furniture of the same type as in this design, modern in style and white in color like the walls, contributes to making the shared space look harmonious. The front wall that functions as the TV center is chosen as the focal point.
3. To define each environment you can incorporate a rug in the living room or dining room area. Here a simple rug is used in the living room. In the dining room, the apple green color of the chairs predominates. Give a touch of personality to the space.
4. In this small space the dining area and the kitchen are shared. With a partial separation through the kitchen bar . The colors used are opposite. As we can see, while the dining room is dominated by white, the kitchen is dominated by black cabinets. The dining area captures identity with the colorful wall design.
5. In this modern space decorated mostly in light neutral tones. A large window joins the living room and dining room which helps this space look larger, airy and well lit.
6. For a narrow area , a solution can be like in this design that we see above. They place the table against the wall and a mirror to perceive a larger space. The different lamps used in the living room and dining room help to differentiate spaces visually.
7. This is another cute modern dining room. Here three rooms decorated in neutral tones such as black, gray and white are shared. White predominates for the walls, gray for some areas. And, while black adds elegance, it is used in smaller proportions. Accent colors are determined by small objects such as kitchen utensils, dinnerware and decorative pillows in green and orange colors.
8. Here the two windows of the environment are used to create two functional spaces . The area of the left window includes the small dining area and the area on the right a small work area. It can be a great idea to organize the work and dining area together.
9. Round or square dining tables work well for small spaces. Also glass top tables as shown in this beautiful dining room design with red accents.
10. If the dining room is narrow and long, rectangular tables that can be expanded will be very helpful as you can add more guests.
11. Do not forget to leave enough space to be able to move around the dining room, especially in the area of the chairs for greater comfort.
12. For small dining rooms , armless chair designs take up less space. If you have very little space available, be sure to consider folding tables, a perfect functional alternative. This is a small simple black and white dining room where a shelf, two paintings and lights are added that give it an unexpected and youthful finish.
13. This is a beautiful modern dining set with an oval and wooden table. It matches the gray upholstered chairs. Diagonal table legs add interest to this simple and charming design. To make your environment look more charming, you can not miss a large flower arrangement in the center of the table like in this image.
14. Another interesting alternative is to place your dining room to one side of the wall and not in the center as we have seen in previous designs. Two types of seats are incorporated here. A sofa of simple and simple design against the wall and in front of it four chairs. This design can be ideal for tight spaces .
15. For very small environments, many of us have to include only the basics. In this design we see an example where our very small dining room can be great. A small round dining table accompanies a cute hanging lamp. The decoration includes flowers and as always, a light color such as white should not be missing; it is the perfect companion to add light and visual amplitude.
16. You can make your apartment’s dining room look amazing with good lighting. As we know, the use of light walls, mirrors, lamps and other additional elements are very useful.
17. This small dining room could be perfect for your apartment. They include wooden furniture that matches the decoration such as shelves, chairs and table. The round shapes of some objects harmonize the space and make it slightly more feminine. The large structure of the kitchen in muted turquoise defines this area and the red in some objects unifies both areas.
18. Tables with glass surfaces help to perceive a lighter space with visual amplitude. This table is perfect to balance the chairs upholstered in ash color. If you are not sure how to decorate your walls in a small space, take a look at this design, two mirrors of the same size with a nice frame will be enough for an elegant decoration.
19. Plants always bring freshness and beauty to any environment. It is a perfect inexpensive way to decorate your home. Beautiful curtains with rounded patterns are also injected into the dining room to match the pendant light in the dining room. Another accessory that you can add to your environment is a wall-to-wall mirror as we see in this image.
20. If your dining table is rectangular, a useful option is to place it against the wall to save space and free up room to move around easily like in this design. One of the most impressive details of this shared space is the use of very cheerful accent colors and also the different style lamps in the three rooms.
These were various ideas that you can consider to accommodate and beautify your small dining room in your apartment. We hope you liked them.
Some questions and answers
How do you separate a living room and dining room apartment?
When it comes to design, you have a lot of great ideas and really want to make sure your small apartment looks large, so you’re left with a question. How do you separate a living room and dining room? Well luckily, there are many different ways to get around having one big space. In fact, it’s possible to use elements of both rooms without actually separating them at all. With that said, let’s take a look at some tips :
1- Add a couch to your dining room: If you’re only going to have one seating area, go for a sofa. Take out your dining table and replace it with a comfy leather or microfiber number. If you want, buy an ottoman that matches so there’s somewhere to prop up your feet after long days at work or when you want to relax while watching TV on weeknights.
2- Use color to separate your living room and dining room: When you don’t have a solid wall to keep rooms apart, another option is using color. It’s easy enough to paint a space one color on one side and another in the other. It creates an instant division without breaking up either space too much. It also offers some visual interest to a boring white wall or ceiling.
3-Create a visual barrier with floor to ceiling curtains: The easiest way to hide a big ol’ wall is by hanging fabric in front of it. While you might not have floor-to-ceiling windows, you can always hang curtains right below your windows or above them.
What else can you do with a dining room?
One of your biggest design challenges with a small dining room is to think creatively. Try these ideas: Host games in your dining room (poker or charades). Keep some of your art collection on display in your dining room, and make sure it’s light enough for use as a photo backdrop. Hang shelving or cabinets along one wall to store dishes or other frequently used items.
How do I make my dining area cozy?
After years of watching Friends, I’ve got to say that having a small dining area is incredibly inconvenient. With an apartment, there are often only one or two rooms that can be used for a dining area. But there are tons of ways to make a small dining room look large and open. Here are some tips to help you out!
1- Have some artwork on your walls, whether it’s a large framed painting or some small prints. Be sure to center them on the wall so they make your dining area look more spacious.
2- If you have room for a table, by all means bring it in! You can have something small like a bistro table with two chairs if you don’t have enough space for anything larger.
3- The dining area doesn’t need to be carpeted. You can go with hardwood or tile, or even a rug to break up all of that open space. Just make sure it matches with your overall design scheme.
4- For larger apartments where there isn’t much room for seating, consider adding in a bench or another type of small sofa underneath a wall mounted shelf.
5- Have some lighting up above. No matter how much light you bring in from outside, your dining area will still be dim without overhead lighting. It doesn’t have to be anything too fancy; just a simple chandelier will do.
6- Speaking of windows, don’t let them get boxed in by your furniture! While it’s ideal to keep all of your furniture pushed back against the walls, it isn’t always possible with larger items like couches and dining room tables.
it may interest you