Choosing the perfect bathroom window requires a little attention when it comes to durability, security and privacy. Many factors must be taken into account, always thinking, of course, also of the project budget. And for this mission, how about checking out the following tips and hitting the right choice?
Best types of bathroom window
According to the architect and designer Karina Lapezack , when choosing a window for a bathroom, it is not only necessary to think about the type of material, but also the specific norms to define the minimum measures, due to the need for ventilation and lighting of the space. Given these factors, check out the main options available on the market:
Aluminum or PVC window
Due to its strength, durability and versatility, the aluminum window is the most used in bathroom projects. According to the architect, the market offers numerous different models, such as maxim ar – a type of tilting that allows air to enter without viewing the interior of the environment -, the sliding one – ideal for larger bathrooms, which can receive a film to ensure privacy – and pivoting – with vertical central opening.
Wooden windows are quite elegant and offer great versatility to the project, as it is possible to order them in bespoke shapes and sizes. However, the material requires greater maintenance care, to avoid wear and tear caused by humidity, sunlight and attack by pests – mainly termites. “Due to sustainability factors, most new works do not use wood, with some reservations, in specific cases”, warns Karina.
The elegance of glass is indisputable. The ideal is to use the windows of this model in bathrooms that have a strategic position of privacy, or that the windows receive a protective film to inhibit vision. According to Karina, despite having the glass as the biggest highlight, the frames and the structure are usually of metallic structure.
Do you already know which models best fit the project for your bathroom? Next, see amazing inspirations.
50 bathroom window models that will inspire your work
The following projects have windows for all types of budgets, room sizes and styles. Follow:
1. Choosing the window for the bathroom requires attention
2. It is necessary to take several factors into consideration
3. Brightness must be guaranteed
4. Privacy cannot be forgotten
5. And ventilation needs to be taken into account
6. The particularities of the environment are also important
7. Like the footage and location on the house plan
8. For every requirement, there is a right window model
9. Large bathrooms can receive very large windows
10. Small spaces need compact windows
11. Including a window next to the bath area is a great plan
12. This way, the steam from the shower dissipates more easily
13. For small bathrooms , windows installed at the top are paramount
14. Is there a double window there?
15. Aluminum window matches any design
16. A versatile option for bathroom composition
17. Here, the sliding mirror did not disturb the window at all
18. And the same model was used in this box
19. How about innovating with a rounded shape?
20. The dark frame gives a modern bathroom look
21. And it makes the environment super charming
22. For narrow environments, prefer elongated formats
23. This way it is possible to guarantee all the necessary lighting
24. The window can also be combined with the shower niche
25. Who says there’s no way for everything in a small bathroom?
26. That undeniable charm of the wooden window
27. A small window for a compact bathroom
28. Everything white and clean
29. The window can also guarantee a modern touch
30. Complement the space with elegance
31. Or follow the minimalist style of decoration
32. And stand out in the most diverse styles
33. Everything to ensure a bright and well-ventilated environment
34. Higher windows ensure privacy
35. Another option is to opt for a frosted glass
36. Or leave it very discreet against the ceiling
37. In any situation, prioritize natural lighting
38. A simple design can work really well in your space
39. The larger the area, the larger the window size should be
40. You can fill the box millimeters
41. Or center the window
42. Or fit it to measure in that differentiated space
43. To fit in any corner
44. The important thing is that there is air circulation in the bathroom
45. Your window can be square
46. Or round, with that very vintage touch
47. The ideal model is the one that meets your demands
48. And also the needs of the architectural design of the space
49. So, in addition to a beautiful and stylish bathroom
50. You will also ensure the durability of your renovation
What did you think of these inspiring projects? Take advantage of the subject to write down several tips on how to optimize the space of small bathrooms without error.