The marriage of your friends, family or relatives is approaching, you managed to choose one among all the options of party dresses , at the same time that you tried countless elegant hairstyles to stay with the one that best combined with the theme of the wedding; But you still don’t know what love phrases to dedicate to the bride and groom on their big day. Don’t worry, we give you some ideas so you can congratulate the couple in an original way.
- 1 Wedding congratulations
- 2 best wishes for wedding
- 3 Verses and quotes
- 4 How to say the right thing
- 5 Tips to avoid saying the wrong thing
- 6 Prepare your messages of good wishes for the wedding in advance
- 7 Beautiful phrases for weddings
There you are, thinking how or with what marriage messages to entertain the couple. You want to do it in the best way, even if you think – sometimes – that it is a difficult task. Remember that the wedding dedications for the bride and groom should be aimed at giving a voice of encouragement, support and affection. They will start a new stage, a life together, so they must be sincere and positive wishes.
There is no strict protocol on the words for the bride and groom or wedding wishes that should be said, it is about finding the most successful according to the proximity and style of the celebration you will attend. Do not doubt that there are phrases to congratulate on marriage for that family member, friend or partner.
On the other hand, it is also possible to adapt the messages for the bride and groom at their wedding, if it is a religious, more casual or traditional event. In the same way, the words for a more fun marriage are allowed, yes, without overdoing it or making the couple feel uncomfortable.
best wishes for wedding
Marriage wishes – add a personal touch
A good option to start is to think of short love phrases that you can mix with anecdotes or experiences that identify the couple to whom they are addressed. Take into account a special fact that fits with a generic phrase to give it a personal touch that makes your wedding greeting unique. You can take one of these messages for boyfriends. Get inspired!
- 1. “I hope that all the years you will share will be filled with lasting joy.”
- 2. “For love they joined their lives in marriage and from my heart I wish them all the best, be very happy and enjoy every day being able to be together.”
- 3. “Marriage is not a station of destiny, but a path that must be followed. Congratulations on your wedding! “
- 4. “All the happiness in the world is my sincere wish for you, today and every day of your life.”
- 5. “Love each other and you will be happy. It is as simple and as difficult as that ”.
- 6. “An exceptional marriage does not happen when a“ perfect couple ”marries. It happens when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences ”.
- 7. “A happy marriage is a long conversation that always seems too short, I hope with all my heart that you always love each other like this day.”
Have a date up your sleeve
One of the tricks that never fails is to take a famous phrase that, some great writer, will help you complement those boyfriend phrases . Taking one of them will be a much easier choice than the one you made when selecting one from so many evening dresses or tuxedos.
- 8. “Love has no cure, but it is the only cure for all ills” – Leonard Cohen.
- 9. “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, and loving someone deeply gives you courage” – Lao Tzu.
- 10. “Love should not only be a flame, but a light” – Henry David Thoreau.
- 11. “Loving is not looking at each other; it is looking together in the same direction ”- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.
- 12. “Love does not give more than of itself and does not take more than of itself. Love does not possess anything and does not want anyone to possess it, because love is satisfied in love ”- Khalil Gibran.
- 13. “Let all nights be wedding nights. May all moons be honeymoons ”- Joaquin Sabina.
- 14. “We learn to love not when we meet the perfect person, but when we come to see an imperfect person perfectly” – Sam Keen.
Original phrases to congratulate on a wedding: use a little humor
If you want to break the mold a bit, you can include a touch of humor in your congratulatory message for the couple, yes, do it carefully . There is a fine line between being funny and offensive, do not forget that you are celebrating a union that is represented in their wedding rings . These examples can be a guide to inspire you.
- 15. “Among 6 billion inhabitants, this pair of ‘crazy people’ had to meet to build a pure and crystalline love. I am happy for you and always be happy! “
- 16. “Although you have asked for it, I wish you all the happiness and good luck with all my heart.”
- 17. “The truth is that when I met them I did not think that I would end up congratulating them on their marriage, but the truth is that I have never been so happy to be wrong.”
- 18. “Today is a day in which you will receive many congratulations. I have come because they told me that the wedding cake was as sweet as the bride and groom.”
- 19. “Some get married to share expenses, others get married because they have no other choice, others because they want to become independent, and some get married for love. What type are you? Congratulations!”
- 20. “Remember that you must be united in wealth and poverty, in health and in disease … Ah! and also in household chores ”.
And with these examples, you no longer have to continue looking at those marriage cards without knowing what to say or what good wishes for the bride and groom to look for when the day comes, since in some of these phrases for marriage you will find the solution to get out of trouble and only worry about the cocktail dresses or the classic suit that you will wear.
Quick tips and well wishes are great if you don’t know the partner very well or don’t have a lot of time / space for the message. Brief options for what to say include:
- Never forget the way you looked at each other today, because that is the appearance of unconditional love.
- When I look at the two of them together, I see a couple that was really meant to be.
- Always live in the moment. Love each other and every minute that you are together. Happiness and light will find their way to both.
- Don’t wait until your anniversary to celebrate! Instead, celebrate the love you share on a daily basis. Little moments make life great!
- A quick kiss on the cheek each day is an easy way to keep love alive all week! Remember your first kiss as husband and wife, and you will both have a wonderful life.
- His love is blooming right in front of us and we look forward to seeing him flourish more through the years!
- The best days are yet to come, but remember this was the first special. We wish you happiness for each day to come!
- Congratulations on the commitment you have made. Mutual happiness, love, and dedication are clear to all of us!
- Two intertwined hearts are stronger than one. We wish you a life of unwavering love that grows stronger every day.
- The stars in their eyes are only dimmed by the love that radiates from their hearts. May your love shine with that force forever!
If you are closer to the couple, you will want to personalize the message a bit. Talk about what you know about their personalities or relationships, or offer longer advice if you know they will take it seriously. Examples include:
- 1 life of love, 2 cups of humor, 2 tablespoons of forgiveness, 1 cup of romance … Live your love in warmth and understanding, keep an open heart and good fortune and miracles will happen to each other. I wish you a lifetime full of love and laughter.
- A blind date brought them together. They spent years looking into each other’s eyes. Wait for tomorrow, looking in that same direction, and happiness will be yours. Best wishes for a happy marriage.
- They are both beautiful inside and out. I offer because they build a happy life. They have started here with a foundation of romance, love, friends and family. May the home they build be erected on walls created from new memories, new experiences, and a life of happiness together.
- Wake up at the same time. Have your coffee together in the early morning. Watch the sunrise before work. Begin your union with little rituals that unite you, and nothing can separate you. I wish you all the happines of the world. Congratulations!
- Be the beacon for each other in the storms of life. When things are good, you will see your spouse as a shining beacon within the beauty of marriage. But when things are stormy, don’t turn to the unknown sea. Instead, look for the glow of your own light in the dark. Sail the ship together and you will surely dock stronger than ever. Congratulations on becoming each other’s safe harbor. May they build a ship strong enough to conquer anything that comes their way!
Verses and quotes
Communicating the right sentiment on a wedding day can be difficult. Emotions can run high for everyone from the bride to the father of the groom to all the wedding guests who are invited to partake in the festivities. Having a favorite verse or expression about love or marriage can make expressing yourself easier, whether it’s on paper or in a video clip.
Guests who are not so good at composing a message can use famous quotes to help convey their wishes to the couple. For example, you can find great quotes on Love Quotes that highlight the feelings of the day or use a short quote from Imag-e-nation.
Famous authors and organizations have a lot to say too, like this quote from Smart Marriages:
To get the full value of joy
You must have someone to share it with.
– Mark Twain
Poems and verses
Bible verses or other verses from a book appropriate to the couple’s faith are appropriate for religious couples. Love poems are also great options for couples to keep in mind throughout the years.
Use a short love message, such as the following, to help express your thoughts and advice for the couple:
Love does not settle there like a stone, it has to be manufactured, like bread; it has to be created every day all the time, made new over and over again.
– Ursula K. LeGuin
People who know that a wedding will be themed, like a butterfly wedding theme, can even find wedding wishes tailored to match the theme, like those from Wedding Butterfly Poems & Quotes. Other common wedding themes can be nautical, beach, garden, vintage, country, and fairy tale. You can often find inspiration for common themes like these in books, movies, or songs.
How to say the right thing
As long as you keep your tone and message fairly direct, it will be difficult to say the wrong thing, but there are ways you can make your message more personal and sincere. Decide if you want to offer advice, say something romantic, or add a little humor to your wishes. Also, wedding guests who write quotes and are already married can consider what they wish they had known at the beginning of their marriage.
If you are close to the bride and groom, you may want to say something a little more personal than what all the informal family and acquaintances say in their guestbook entries or on the recording. Even if you don’t know the couple well, but you know a few things about them and you take the time to observe them, you can say something memorable.
Tips to avoid saying the wrong thing
If you know the couple really well, you may be tempted to say something humorous or joke about something that is an inside joke or a story that not everyone knows (or, more importantly, one that not everyone should know). Many can look bad and go bad when they try to achieve this.
- If you are writing it, remember that the tone in writing may not be the same as what you can convey in person, so pay attention to what you say and the tone you are trying to give the message.
- If you are being recorded, it is easier to make sure that the tone in which you say something is conveyed correctly, but you still want to make sure you are not saying something that you should not. The words spoken cannot be unsaid.
- If you are the best man, do not joke about something the groom did before the wedding day, even if it was years before he met his future wife, that could be detrimental to his new wife.
- If you’re being recorded during the reception and you’ve already had a glass of wine or two, your safest bet is to say something simple like, “I love you both very much. You are the most perfect couple. You will have a beautiful life together.”
Remember, you can always send your funny message on a card later if you still think it’s appropriate.
Prepare your messages of good wishes for the wedding in advance
No matter how the wedding wishes are expressed, the guests should be prepared to make a simple declaration of goodwill towards the couple. Brides and grooms may find using sentiments a perfect complement to a program and creating an area just for this purpose at the reception. So prepare something in advance, and remember that kindness and love are always welcome.
Beautiful phrases for weddings
Here you will find the best phrases for weddings and ideal appointments for those moments when emotion invades you but the word fails you.
1. I hope that all the years you share are filled with lasting joy. Congratulations to this beautiful couple.
An excellent wedding phrase to congratulate friends who are embarking on this new path.
2. For love you joined your lives in marriage and from my heart I wish you all the best, be very happy and enjoy every day being able to be together.
And if you don’t know what to put in the congratulations note, this is a phrase that expresses your best wishes.
3. This is only the beginning of a great adventure, that every day the discovery of that beautiful journey that you undertake today is one of happiness.
This wedding phrase serves to show the happy couple your good omens about the new path that they begin together.
4. Marriage is not a destination station, but a path you must follow. Congratulations on your wedding!
Very good phrase to say congratulations to the bride and groom who become husbands.
5. Loving is not looking at each other; is looking together in the same direction.
And this phrase by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, the author of the book “The Little Prince” to celebrate the love of those who are joining their paths .
6. I hope that all the years you share are filled with lasting joy. Congratulations to this beautiful couple.
A phrase for weddings that talks about the joy of the following years to share.
7. You will have good and less good moments, the important thing is that you always remain united by supporting each other. Congratulations on your wedding!
With this congratulation you are talking to the happy couple about the importance of overcoming difficult moments always together.
8. Love should not only be a flame, but a light.
And if what you want is to quote someone else in your wedding phrase, these words by Henry David Thoreau are very appropriate.
9. Enjoy this wonderful day in which you have decided to share your lives with the greatest feeling that can be had, love. Congratulations.
One more message of congratulations that speaks of the beautiful feeling that unites the couple, love.
10. Although you have asked for it, I wish you all the happiness and good luck with all my heart.
If you want to put a little humor in your dedication, get inspired by this funny wedding phrase .
11. The true paradise is not in the sky, but on the mouth of the beloved woman.
If you are the boyfriend and you want to send a message to your future wife, use this romantic phrase by Théofile Gautier.
12. All the happiness in the world is my sincere wish for you, today and every day of your life.
A short and specific message but with the fundamental wishes for the new couple.
13. Best wishes from my heart. May your lives be even more beautiful than the real dream that led you to the altar.
We love this phrase for weddings because it is different from the good wishes that we always send.
14. A kiss? An enchanted trick to stop talking when words become superfluous.
Excellent advice that Ingrid Bergman gives in this sentence for couples in love at their wedding .
15. As the most beautiful and devoted couple that I know, you deserve all the happiness in the world. Congratulations from the bottom of my heart.
A few more personal words that speaks of the dedication that you notice in the couple. By knowing them and having them closer to your heart, their union means a lot to you.
16. Your destiny is to love each other and be happy as a couple, congratulations on the wedding and that you continue together for the rest of your lives.
This wish is typical in wedding phrases: May you always stay together!
17. In a kiss, you will know everything that I have kept quiet about.
This embellished phrase by Pablo Neruda is typical of a spectacular romance, as they all tend to be.
18. May all the days of your life be full of happiness and mutual love, may the trials that you have to overcome unite you more and may the love you now feel for each other only change to increase. Congratulations.
This phrase is one of the purest, with loving wishes and absolute happiness for the couple , but still bearing in mind that marriages are not idyllic.
19. May this new life that you start together remain full of love, happiness and understanding. May your dreams come true every day. !! Congratulations!!
The happiness that marriage brings is definitely something of a dream, but this phrase also encourages the individual growth of each of the couple (without leaving aside their life as a couple, of course).
20. Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, and loving someone deeply gives you courage.
Lao Tzu portrays in this phrase the beautiful power of love.
21. Marriage is for special people, for couples who love with an exceptional love like you. I wish you all the happiness in the world.
With this phrase you can make it clear how beautiful you see their love, in addition to wishing them well.
22. To love a person is to want to be by their side for the rest of our lives. You two love each other and you make a beautiful couple. I wish you all the best in your marriage.
Among all the phrases for weddings, this is a very simple and concise, but still honest in its humble wish of happiness for the newlyweds .
23. Love has no cure, but it is the only cure for all ills.
The famous Leonard Cohen manages to show in this sentence the slight irony of love, which is, if anything, what makes it so beautiful.
24. Love each other and you will be happy. It is as simple and as difficult as that.
This is one of the phrases for minimalist weddings , but it is still very cute
25. If your boyfriend knew how lucky he is, he wouldn’t wait until tomorrow … Congratulations.
This phrase is, in its essence, a compliment to the bride.
26. Love does not give more than of itself and does not take more than of itself. Love has nothing and does not want anyone to possess it, because love is satisfied in love.
Khalil Gibran manages to perfectly portray the true of a good love in this phrase, making it perfect to say at a wedding.
27. Marriage success is not just about finding the ideal partner, but about being the ideal partner.
Talk about the commitment that must be made by both parties in a marriage for it to work.
28. There will be no problem or difficulty that you cannot overcome with patience, respect and a lot of love. Always maintain that positivity and joy that characterizes you because that way life will be more beautiful.
A message of pure hope, and full of truth, ideal to dedicate to the bride and groom.
29. Love is the joy of the good, the reflection of the wise, the wonder of the unbelievers.
Plato was an expert in love, and it is precisely his many faces that he speaks of in this fabulous phrase.
30. Marriage is an adventure, almost like going to war.
This phrase sounds like a wise grandmother phrase, and who doesn’t love a wise grandmother in their marriage?
31. Love each other with madness and passion until old people!
What makes this phrase so special is the complete innocence and honesty with which she wishes the bride and groom the best .
32. A happy marriage is a long conversation that always grows short.
André Maurois had to have loved well to be able to summarize something as complex as marriage so well and easily.
33. Today you are going to make a great promise to each other, the promise to spend your whole life together, to love you through the good and the bad, exactly as you have done so far. Keep it up and you will have a life full of joys, many congratulations on your beautiful wedding.
Marriage is full of commitments, and this phrase portrays it as it is, but knowing that they will achieve it.
34. Among 6 billion inhabitants, this pair of crazy people had to meet to build a pure and crystalline love. I am happy for you and always be happy!
Among the phrases for weddings, this is one of my favorites, for being fun and sincere.
35. If I know what love is, it is because of you.
It’s a minimalist phrase from Herman Hesse, but it’s still deeply moving.
36. From the first time I saw the two of you together, I knew that one day we would be celebrating your wedding. I’m glad I was right, I wish you all the best.
This phrase is for those couples who radiate happiness and love when you see them.
37. May the planet revolve around happiness and unconditional love that you have for each other.
This phrase is very beautiful, because it refers to the fact that as the bride and groom love each other so much that it is as if the whole world stopped to contemplate.
38. When the sweet hunter threw me and left me surrendered, in the arms of love my soul fell. And taking new life in such a way I have bartered that he is my beloved for me, and I am for my beloved.
Saint Teresa speaks in devotion to the other person, in total surrender to love. Although it is likely that she gave it a religious connotation.
39. Loving someone madly is wanting to be by their side all your life, knowing that there are going to be good and bad moments. You love each other with all your heart and that is the best thing that can happen to someone, for that I give you my sincere congratulations.
I know what it is to love, and therefore I know that you love each other. One of the best phrases for weddings.
40. I have not known love more beautiful and sincere than that of the two of you. To keep feeding him a pinch of patience, tolerance and a lot of communication! Count on me always.
The couple is so good that it is like an example to follow , and even if they have problems, you know that they will overcome them, counting on you throughout the process.
41. You are my heart, my life, my only thought.
Like Saint Teresa, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle also talks about surrendering to love.
42. The truth is that when you met I did not think that I would end up congratulating you on your marriage, but the truth is that I have never been so happy to be wrong.
In the end, opposites attract, right?
43. Always remember that you are a beautiful couple who can cope with any difficulty.
Another message full of sincere hope to use as a wedding phrase.
44. For a glance, a world; for a smile, a sky; for a kiss … I don’t know what I would give you for a kiss.
Gustavo Adolfo Bécquer, incredible poet, talks about being in love in one of his rhymes.
45. Today your hearts and your souls are united in one, I am glad that you have found a person with whom to share everything from now on.
This phrase is for those weddings in which you are really very happy for the union.
46. They are a movie couple. I hope to be with you in your successes and accompany you in difficulties, help you raise your children and continue to witness so much love between two people.
This is one of the wedding phrases that close friends say, half joking but full of love.
47. Neither absence nor time are nothing when you love.
In all sincerity, Alfred de Musset portrays true love.
48. Marriage is a long and stormy journey, so do not forget to pack love, affection, respect and understanding, you never know how long it will be.
An incredible metaphor, very appropriate for the occasion to use as a wedding phrase .
49. What started as a game, you have turned it into an example for us, those of us who still wait for love. Cheers to the bride and groom!
We may not have had faith in the couple at first, but now it is clear that it was a thing of fate.
50. Where there is love there is life.
Mahatma Gandhi knew how to portray something simple but profound in this phrase.
51. I have met many couples over the years, but you are one of the most special, so I wish you much happiness.
Talk about the individuality of those who are getting married , wishing them well.
52. Love is falling in love with the same person every day.
Love is like a flower: it is beautiful to begin with, but you cannot stop nurturing it.
53. We learn to love not when we meet the perfect person, but when we come to see an imperfect person perfectly.
To err is human, and that is what Sam Keen alludes to, knowing the beautiful way in which this enters into love.
54. Love and do what you want. If you keep quiet, you will keep quiet with love; if you scream, you will scream with love; If you correct, you will correct with love, if you forgive, you will forgive with love.
Fill yourself with love: this is what Saint Augustine says with this quote.
55. I could tell you thousands of good wishes that I have for you, but I prefer to simply say: Long live the bride and groom!
The best wedding phrase of all: Full of love and happiness!
56. In love you live and feel. You have decided to take this important step, all the luck and that love continues to flow in your veins.
An emotional phrase for that boyfriend or girlfriend who is about to say yes I want.
57. Happy marriage, happy present, happy future.
A way of saying that now another stage begins.
58. I wish you the best, that love continues to inhabit your home and your life, that you never stop shaking hands even in the face of difficulties.
A beautiful dedication for the couple in love.