Although it is a cold material, it is possible to apply porcelain tile in several rooms of the house, including the bedroom. It is a very welcome choice for those who do not dispense with durability and refined finish. There are several models available in the market and the value may vary. Next, learn more.
Can you put porcelain tile in the bedroom?
According to the architect Marcela Zampere , the coldness of the material is not an impediment, and can be compensated with accessories in the decoration: “the environment can be heated with the help of furniture, rugs and curtains, which will create this cozy and calm atmosphere that a room deserves”, explains the professional.
5 best porcelain tile models for bedroom
Porcelain tile offers very practical maintenance. The ideal models and colors will depend a lot on the chosen decorative style. Marcela indicates the satin and rectified pieces, so the finish will have a matte touch, offering visual continuity to the environment. Discover the most popular models:
- Woody: “this model brings a greater feeling of comfort and is widely used in the bedroom. With it, it is possible to create different layouts with the rulers, assemble Chevron layouts, herringbone and with specific cuts to create formats of old clubs”, reveals the architect. The Boreal Natural porcelain tile, by Portobello, measuring 20x120cm, is the most suitable, with an average price of R$ 159.99 per m².
- Burnt cement: for Marcela, this is a timeless porcelain tile model. Its neutral base allows for various combinations, such as abusing wood and colors in the furniture to warm the environment and create coziness. The Portinari Detroit Al Act 100x100cm model costs around R$ 150.90 per m².
- Beige porcelain: “Natural tones are on the rise and are great for use in bedrooms, as they make the environment more neutral, providing a feeling of tranquility. Portinari’s Areias Calmas Be NAT porcelain tile, measuring 120x120cm, is the most suitable and costs an average of R$ 272.90 per m²”, explains the professional.
- Natural tones and textures: Porcelain tiles imitating natural materials are great for the room, as long as the designs are not so marked and the tones are neutral – so the environment is not too heavy. For Marcela, the ideal porcelain tile for this function is the Ritual Off White Natural, 60x120cm, at R$ 139.90 per m².
- Marbled: “the porcelain tile that imitates Calacata marble can also be used in bedrooms, not only as a floor, but also as a panel. I suggest the Calacata Clássico satin porcelain tile – HDWC ACT, 60x120cm, at R$ 116.90 a m²”, concludes Marcela.
Talking about panels, Marcela leaves a bonus tip for this purpose: the Filetto camel MA, 45x120cm, by Decortiles. The effect, especially on headboards, is the same as a wooden slat, and the result is highly welcoming and sophisticated.
30 photos of bedroom with porcelain tile to inspire your project
Below, check out 30 images of the most different bedroom styles that have all the porcelain tile models suggested by Marcela Zampere:
1. The woody effect of the porcelain tile brings a surprising visual warmth
2. The burnt cement reflects all the modernity of the decoration
3. For a cozy effect, invest in materials that warm the environment
4. As wooden furniture
5. Neutral prints of natural materials offer sobriety to the decor
6. Just like marbled porcelain
7. Satin parts give a refined effect to the floor
8. And rectified models give a sense of continuity to the environment
9. In these cases, choosing a grout of the same color as the floor is essential
10. In burnt cement, you can choose clear model
11. Or the dark, offering a subtle rusticity to the room
12. Realize how the wood in the decoration made everything more comfortable
13. The same goes for textured materials, such as blankets and pillows
14. Burnt cement porcelain tile serves from industrial decoration
15. Even the contemporary, in a democratic way
16. With it, it is possible to create a unique composition between the wall and the floor
17. And add sobriety to the dorm
18. Be in the classic decor
19. Or in the most minimalist and clean
20. When choosing a neutral porcelain, the freedom in decoration is immense
21. Beige, for example, is timeless and super democratic
22. So you can freely bet on the colors
23. Dare in the concept
24. Or take the opportunity to keep the environment sober
25. Emphasizing the sense of spaciousness
26. Despite the coldness of the material, some brands offer more comfortable technology
27. Which conveys a pleasant feeling
28. Therefore, carefully study the model and brand you want for your project
29. In addition to being a lasting choice
30. You need to think about the composition of the environment when choosing your porcelain tile for your bedroom!
From gray to woody porcelain, the piece will certainly bring all the desired sophistication and practicality to your project. Choose your ideal model with care and good work!