One of the pieces responsible for dictating the style of a room is the headboard . The different materials, formats and sizes create different looks, providing comfort, beauty and practicality to the environment. Before choosing your ideal model, you need to consider some points, which you will know below. Also, enjoy tips, tutorials, inspirations and know where to buy.
How to choose the perfect headboard for your bedroom
There are several models: iron headboard , wooden headboard , upholstered headboard , among others. However, how to choose the best option for your project? Here are some answers that will help you in this mission:
What is the function of the headboard?
The headboard does not only have an aesthetic function in the decoration. It prevents you from coming into contact with the cold wall, it is a comfortable backrest for a moment of reading and watching TV in bed. In addition, it protects the wall from possible stains and scratches.
What is the right size of a headboard?
The right measure is very relative, as it varies according to the bed model and the space available. However, the headboard must be the width of the bed, and at least 30 cm longer than the height of the mattress. For small or narrow rooms, it is recommended to choose wide and low headboards. For rooms with low ceilings, a high headboard can provide a feeling of spaciousness. For proportionally sized rooms, a headboard that occupies half a wall ensures tailored elegance.
What is the right color for the headboard?
There’s no rules. However, if you like to vary the wall colors and bedding , it is advisable to invest in neutral pieces, as they match everything.
How much does a headboard cost?
Ready-made headboards have different prices according to the size and material chosen (between $ 200 and $ 1000). Bespoke headboards, made in a custom furniture store or a woodworking shop, also have the same variations, however, generally, the value is a little more expensive, between $ 500 and $ 3,000. But if you want to get your hands dirty and produce the part, material costs range from $130 to $300.
What is the best material for the headboard?
If you are looking for comfort and warmth, fabric is the most suitable material, as it balances the temperature during touch, as is the case, for example, of a tufted headboard . For a rustic or contemporary aesthetic, exposed wood is perfect, as is a pallet headboard . If you prefer the industrial or modern style, you can invest in an iron or leather headboard.
What is the ideal headboard for children?
If the bed is leaning against the wall, the ideal children’s headboard is the L-shaped model, also extended to the side of the bed. Thus, the bed turns into a comfortable sofa to accommodate the child during the day. If the bed is centered in the room, a chest headboard or headboard with niches is functional for organizing the environment.
Before securing your headboard, take all the necessary measures of the environment. Thus, you avoid margins of error and guarantee a perfect decoration.
20 headboard photos to inspire your composition
How about leaving your bed all pompous? Next, check out a selection of projects with creative , glamorous and stylish headboards. Get inspired and innovate in decoration:
1. With the plaster headboard , you create a homogeneous and minimalist decoration
2. Ready-made parts are practical and sold in specific measures
3. The leather headboard has a strong presence
4. Observe the marriage of wood and fabric
5. The slatted headboard perfectly accommodated the sconces
6. The straw headboard is a classic and adds natural textures to the composition
7. The side extension of this piece is cozy
8. For a room with low ceilings, a headboard to the ceiling
9. Attached bedside table optimizes space
10. You can also attach a wall sconce to the headboard
11. Here the fabric plates took up the entire width of the wall
12. The neutral double headboard is one of the most requested
13. For a children’s room , bet on fun colors
14. And in functional headboards
15. The bespoke headboard can be integrated into the furniture
16. To increase the child’s protection against the cold wall
17. Cushions fixed to rods are the trend of the moment
18. Just like the boiserie model with built-in led
19. The important thing is to match the headboard with the decor
20. And leave the environment in harmony
All models are beautiful! As you can see in the projects above, the headboard with LED makes the decor super modern. In addition, she is among the trends of the moment. Carefully choose the style that best suits your project and your budget. Capriche, because this piece will be part of your rest corner.