When thinking about a living room , the sofa is one of the most prominent furniture in the environment. Thinking about your colors is keeping in mind that the chosen tone will be the great reference of the space. The trends are the most diverse, but there are some important details. So read the article and understand more about it.
As the sofa is not a piece of furniture that people change often, the tones need to be more consistent to spend a long time in your space. In this way, the architect Tatiana Marques gives some tips for more classic colors and warns about new trends.
Sofa color trend for 2022
According to the architect, “one of the big bets in 2022 are very classic and timeless tones, but without leaving previous trends aside”. So, if you are a person who likes change and prefers the different, take note of the colors below:
With the inclusion of earth tones in the decoration as a strong trend in recent years, the caramel sofa is one of the bets of this year and this color matches different styles of decoration. Leather and linen upholstery are the most sought after.
Blue is another trend. Its variations of tones print different sensations, think that the darkest guarantees sobriety in space, while the medium and light tones refer to elements of nature. This color gained space during social isolation, when people began to seek a greater sense of comfort and well-being at home.
Colorful (pink, yellow, red, green)
In addition to this search for sensations of comfort, there was a great demand for elements that inspire creativity, as many people started working from home during the pandemic. Saturated colors such as red and yellow fulfilled this function well, as well as pink and its variations, which can contrast between calm and sophistication.
For Tatiana, in addition to the choice of colors, the model and material of the sofa also change according to the trend. For 2022, loop fabrics and fendi models are the ones that are most in evidence, guaranteeing sophistication and durability.
Classic sofa colors
In order not to go out of fashion and guarantee a color that is full of durability, Tatiana Marques’ big bets are beige tones and neutral colors, which match everything and can be applied to different fabrics. These tones can be applied in the following examples:
white and beige
Neutral tones do not fall into disuse and sofas are no different. White and beige are timeless classics, because in addition to combining with everything, they also guarantee sophistication and elegance for all types of decoration. Keep an eye out for these two colors if you want to invest in minimalism.
gray and graphite
Ultimate gray was one of Pantone ‘s color bets for 2021 and prevailed in 2022, but gray and graphite have been present as a color trend for sofas since the last decade. Used mainly in living areas, their neutrality matches all types of decor.
Like caramel, black is present in leather tapestries and armchairs, especially in living rooms and offices. This color is elegant and it is possible to create a more intimate and manly environment. The choice is right for those who don’t want to risk color and especially if you don’t want a sofa that is easy to stain.
When choosing the ideal color for the sofa, keep in mind the proposal you want to create for the environment in which it will be accommodated, as this color will have a great influence on the style of decoration.
How to choose sofa color
To complement, take note of the tips pointed out by Tatiana Marques to choose the sofa color that best meets your everyday needs:
- Understand your proposal: to determine the color of the sofa, you first need to look at your decor as a whole. If there are already several striking colors, the ideal is to invest in a more sober color; but, if it is the opposite, colored sofas are a good choice;
- Think about durability: as it is an outstanding and highly resistant piece of furniture, the ideal is to choose a color that does not get sick and, above all, that is democratic for possible changes in the environment over the years;
- Evaluate your routine: if you have pets or children at home, choose a color that doesn’t get dirty easily. “Gray in darker tones, earth tones, Fendi and Burgundy models work well in environments with greater circulation”, points out the architect;
- Combining different colors: “if the sofa is of a striking color – such as emerald green, navy blue, dark gray -, bet on neutral rugs and lighter colors. Complement it with paintings and coffee table decorations in vibrant colors for striking environments”, suggests Tatiana;
- Waterproofing always: for the professional, regardless of the color chosen for the sofa, waterproofing should be done as soon as possible. “In addition to facilitating daily cleaning, it also guarantees the durability of the piece”, she concludes.
Investing in a good sofa goes beyond color, as it is important to think about quality, the expectations created for the decoration, the model that best fits the style of the environment and the films that fit the space in which it will be installed.
70 sofa colors to decorate the environment with style
The following projects have different styles of sofas in the most varied colors, which range from the classic to the main trends:
1. Colorful sofas exude creativity in space
2. And they can be the highlight of your decor
3. Turquoise is a great example of this
4. Just like marsala and all its elegance
5. This shade is perfect for sober decorations that need a little color
6. Dark orange joins the earth tones team
7. And they bring references from nature to the environment
8. Combined with blue, you will have a personality explosion
9. Have you thought about including a mint green sofa in your living room?
10. Or a canary yellow, which goes very well with gray and white
11. In fact, yellow is one of the colors that most exude joy in decoration
12. Just like the elegant saturation of red
13. It is wrong to believe that the pink sofa only works in feminine decorations
14. Its shade variations can print personality and sobriety
15. See how amazing he looks in this industrial decor
16. Pink blends in perfectly with gray and natural wood tones
17. As well as the darling burnt cement
18. It matches perfectly even the brick wall
19. By the way, he rose to prominence in the Scandinavian style
20. And it goes from modern to classic
21. Going through the contemporary
22. All your tones became trend, from light
23. In the dark
24. That’s why you can play around with the decor with tone on tone
25. Or leave it as a point of color amidst organic tones
26. And still add sober textures, like the light rug
27. And contrast with other striking colors, such as the blue of this kitchen
28. These variations can also be guaranteed with the green sofa
29. The darkest shade is one of the most sought after in the last 3 years
30. Mainly the elegant emerald green
31. See how well it goes with gray and pink
32. And you can create even bolder combinations
33. Like, for example, marry him to a purple wall
34. But if you are looking for color in sober environments, how about a mustard sofa?
35. Or do you prefer blue jeans?
36. Speaking of blue, a sofa in this color combined with the gray rug makes the environment wonderful
37. And the gray sofa matching the blue wall too
38. The beige linen sofa is one of the big bets of 2022
39. And just like gray, it never goes out of style
40. After all, colors that go with everything are very democratic
41. And they fit perfectly into any environment
42. And in any color palette
43. There was a time when the gray sofa seemed like a rule, as everyone had one
44. And it looks like he’s here to stay for good
45. With the gray sofa, you can play with the colors of the cushions and the paintings
46. And with the pattern of a beautiful rug
47. Or maintain neutrality throughout the environment
48. Speaking of neutrality, the off-white sofa is a prominent example
49. And white too
50. Noble fabrics bring more refinement to the decoration
51. And easily adapt to different styles
52. As in the different sofa models
53. And in upholstery materials
54. Here, the white sofa broke the homogeneity of the all-gray decor
55. In this project, the beige sofa fulfilled the function of maintaining serenity
56. To break up the clean decor, textured armchairs were added
57. But for this room, the cushions matched the warm tone of the chairs
58. While gray is present throughout the decor, the beige sofa made all the difference
59. And if you prefer to bet on a little color, vary with nude
60. Or even gradually increase in pitch
61. This neutrality is great for a home office
62. Or in the TV room
63. For a more striking proposal, a caramel sofa makes quite an impact
64. Especially if it’s leather
65. The element guarantees a unique sophistication to the environment
66. While the fabric version guarantees the coziness of the space
67. The sofa is one of the most striking elements of the space
68. And choosing the ideal color and model is a determining factor in decoration
69. In addition to leaving the desired personality in the environment
70. In a unique way
Whether it’s a large or small sofa , the predominant color of the piece will take care of opening up the entire identity of your decoration in an impactful way. Do not forget that this factor will make all the difference.