Are you looking for best living room color ideas ? then this article for you
When we think of coloring an environment, we are actually including the personality of its inhabitant in it. It is with colors that we guarantee the sensation and energy we want for the space, as well as the identity of who will determine such composition. And to decorate the room, this synthesis would be no different.
According to the architect Sandra Pompermayer , when the resident chooses the color, he will need to think, individually, what the purpose of the room will have: “If the idea is to transmit calm and security for a moment of relaxation, as reading a book or enjoying a movie on television, it is worth betting on neutral and versatile colors. But if the inhabitant likes to receive guests, the tranquility can quickly scare them away, so some strong colors included in the decoration in a balanced way inspire socialization”.
It is worth mentioning that small rooms deserve colors that create a sense of spaciousness, especially if they also receive little natural lighting: “small environments should receive colors in a modest way, such as objects, some furniture, paintings, among other adornments. It is also possible to paint one of the walls with a different color, but not too dark, so as not to generate feelings of confinement and compromise the lighting”, explains the professional.
It is also important to analyze if the chosen color is not something that will make you sick easily. Sandra explains that striking colors can bring this feeling too, and nothing worse than feeling uncomfortable inside your own home! “Many times the resident lives in a place where he does not like to stay for a long time, and this can happen when some element of the decoration does not please the eye, and by pure impulse or trend of the moment, he ends up acquiring it. Always think about investing in colors or pieces that actually match your personality, and that include your identity in the environment, and not take you out of it!”.
If you already know the color you want to include in your living room, but you still have doubts about which others to combine to create a certain composition, see the suggestions below given by the architect, so that your decoration not only has your face, but that pours into the environment everything you are looking for that is more personal and sensorial:
living room color ideas : Colors that match yellow
“I really like to put yellow elements in the living room. Yellow is life, it is as vibrant as the sun. Its best combinations are with shades of gray, purple and even navy blue”, comments Sandra. The lighter shades of yellow, combined with other more neutral colors, such as brown or white, can play a more peaceful role in the decor, while its more vibrant tone adds more personality and joy. A masculine environment is highlighted with the marriage of yellow and black.
1. A pinch of joy, without taking away the warmth
2. A stylized color band
3. Combined with other striking colors, it makes the environment more youthful
4. A more closed tone with an aspect of nobility
5. The lighting also contributed to make the room more welcoming
6. Small dots of colored energy
7. Yellow has the power to bring joy to any neutral environment
Colors that match gray
The big bet in interior decoration today is gray. It composes a neutral environment, and its light versions contribute to reflecting natural light, helping to give the perception of amplitude in small environments. Graphite can be used to create a sense of depth, or to highlight other more striking colors. “Gray matches many colors as it is a white with gradual black pigmentation. I suggest striking shades such as red, black itself, petroleum green, dark blue and yellow”, emphasizes the professional.
8. Gray is undoubtedly a big trend these days
9. And it goes well with any style and composition
10. For a more urban touch, invest in natural textures and materials
11. And to add coziness, don’t hesitate to include warm colors
12. Gray makes the environment more cozy and sober
13. Wood to warm up the color chart
14. Gray goes well with any decor style
15. The colored dots served to demarcate the environment
16. The small room was warmed up by the addition of the dark gray sofa
17. The gray and blue were responsible for the modern touch of this room
Colors that match red
Red is a powerful color, which in addition to striking, is very expressive. Because of this, it should be used with caution, and preferably in more cozy textures, precisely to provide comfort, not fatigue. In the right dosage, it can also be a very versatile tone, which will add joy to the environment. Think about composing a card with light gray, white, beige, hints of moss green and woody tones.
18. The harmonization of the different shades of red made the color chart very cozy
19. An almost orange red for this creative corner
20. Red and yellow can become a literally dynamic duo
21. A vibrant armchair for the sober living room
22. Classy touch in due proportions
23. Mix of prints to make everything more fun
24. Every detail can make a big difference
25. The red with white left the space sophisticated and luxurious
26. Two armchairs are enough to color the sober room
Colors that go with purple
Although striking, purple can be a very versatile and expressive color. According to the architect, it combines very well with green, light blue, with the marriage of yellow and gray and also dark mustard. Ideal for stylish decorations and busy social environments.
27. A Gothic touch mixed with blue and gray
28. The colorful frames made the environment more fun
29. Purple with light blue and tiffany
30. The highlight of the room was the rug
31. Color stands out in direct warm light
32. Here the colors were added carefully so as not to take away the lightness of the environment
33. If the idea is not to lose sobriety, add a single element with this striking color
Colors that match blue
“Blue goes well with brown and beige, but everything must be analyzed in context and in the pigments that these primary color tones receive from white or black. A blue with little black pigment can be combined with gray and light brown, while a light blue, with a lot of white pigment, should be combined with a more burnt brown”, says Pompermayer.
34. Blue with beige so there’s no mistake
35. Some niches on the bookshelf gained prominence with royal blue
36. Cooler shades of blue are cozier
37. And its lighter tone adds more delicacy to the environment
38. Who said blue can’t be clean?
39. Representing the colors of the night in a clear day
40. Neutral tones make the classic navy blue much more prominent
41. The vibrant royal blue for casual rooms
42. Closed tones are perfect for rustic environments
43. …and lighter shades to match warm colors
44. It is essential to color large spaces with high ceilings
45. Blue and yellow combine very well in the predominance of white
46. …and with small doses of red, they make the room more cheerful
47. Compact environments are more valued in their milder tone
Colors that match turquoise
Turquoise, also known as tifany, can be a paradoxical color, as it can provide both a joyful and a delicate environment. It all depends on your dosage. It combines perfectly with orange or lighter shades of red – and according to Sandra, the result of the composition is beautiful.
48. But with white, the color offers a softer touch
49. And also to bring more joviality to the decoration
50. Choose the wall you want to highlight to receive the color
Colors that match green
“Green with blue is a wonderful combination and gives us a feeling of tranquility and coziness. And with a touch of orange, it generates joy and well-being”, bets Sandra. Depending on the tone chosen for the decoration, the proposal can gain a tropical atmosphere, and even retro.
51. Here the colors were included in the rug so as not to take away the neutrality of the environment
52. … unlike this room, which gained much more expressive tones, such as his paintings
53. The moss green gives that retro touch to the decor
54. Contrasts that complement each other in perfect harmony
55. Think of an element that deserves to be highlighted, such as a door
56. Adornments and plants are also valid, see?
57. All the lightness of light green combined with beige
Colors that match pink
Despite having different aspects, not all shades of pink are recommended by the architect to decorate a room: “The rosé, that more closed tone, is very classic for a living room, very chic! Pink should be used sparingly, while the light pink I would leave aside, so as not to make the decoration too effeminate, unless this is the proposal”. For a more neutral room, combine burnt rosé with grey, copper and white. If you want to include more personality, consider a graphite composition.
58. The discretion of burnt pink with beige broken by red
59. Want a pink wall? Then combine it with other neutral colors like white
60. … and why not blue?
61. Make everything more fun by combining pink with various other colors
62. The black and white prints, along with the wood, broke some of the color’s femininity
63. White, beige and turquoise to ward off guests
64. Delicacy and irreverence for this pure glamor room
Colors that match wood
Despite being a material, its color is very predominant when decorating, and should not be left out when creating your color chart. “Wood is responsible for offering coziness, warmth, and making the environment very welcoming. It is usually used on the floor and in some elements, such as coffee tables, sides and armchair feet”, completes the professional.
65. Mix it with white and yellow, and the result will be amazing!
66. Red will bring a more creative and daring composition
67. Mix neutral tones with bolder colors for a fun look
68. Mixing wood with nobler materials will make your living room more sophisticated
69. Choose a flashy color to break the sobriety
black and white
For this junction of neutral colors, anything goes! You can create a more classic decor, keeping only the two colors, or add color dots with small colored details, such as pillows, paintings, furniture, decorations, etc.
70. Black, white and marsala
71. Mixed with leather, wood and cement
72. Some prints can create a more romantic atmosphere
73. The right choice of stylized furniture marked this decor as retro
74. Here only black and white reign
75. With chrome colors like gold, the room was chic and refined
76. The fun version of the most loved combination
Choosing neutral colors such as beige, white, earth tones and their aspects guarantee greater precision without error when decorating. Depending on the composition, pastel tones can also join in the fun, to break the seriousness that the color chart can convey. Of course, compact environments gain much more amplitude with this right choice, and leaves open a multitude of color options to add in moderation and make everything more harmonious.
77. Chrome and metallic colors make the clean environment more refined
78. Beige, off white, white and brown are classics of sobriety
79. Pictures, plants and other decorations are responsible for adding more life to the environment
80. Blankets, rugs and natural materials help provide more comfort
81. Textures and prints to bring youthfulness to the space
82. Colored pillows give the room more personality
83. Valuing the spaciousness of the room
84. This color chart is a sure-fire option for those looking for a unisex decor
85. … and also offers versatility for those who like to always change, but without big investments
Finally, Sandra explains that it is important to choose the colors that will compose your living room at a time when your mood (good or bad) does not influence your choice, and that it is essential to remember the proper proportions necessary to decorate: “Walls darker rooms call for neutral furniture and neutral walls for darker furniture. Ever”.
it may interest you check other Living Room ideas :