A glass pergola is a structure made of columns that support parallel beams and these have a cover made of this material. In this way, the piece is even more beautiful and functional, as it protects the furniture from the rain environment. Keep reading this article to learn more and find inspiration for your home!
60 photos of a glass pergola that show how the piece beautifies the environment
The pergola with glass can be of different sizes, have different materials in the structure and be used in different environments. So, check out the 60 models we’ve separated to inspire you and decide which type of piece will beautify your space!
1. The pergola with glass is usually made in outdoor areas
2. It serves to bring comfort and beautify the environment
3. The piece with glass is quite combined with wood
4. After all, the pergola with wood and glass is a charm
5. But glass can also be combined with metal
6. Laminated glass is usually chosen for pergolas
7. But you can choose smoked if you want to dim the lighting in the place
8. The glass cover can still be fixed
9. Or you can opt for retractable glazing
10. In this case, it is possible to open the cover to improve the temperature in the space
11. Your roof can also have a bamboo lining
12. It looks cute and helps to reduce the heat in the environment
13. The glass pergola is great for socializing areas
14. It brings elegance to the space
15. In addition to making the place more cozy for meetings
16. It allows the space to be used in rainy days
17. And it also protects the furniture
18. See how he made a difference in this game room
19. In areas with a barbecue, the pergola is successful
20. Here, he warmed up and brought coziness to the area
21. Already in that space, he improved the lighting
22. If you have a pool, you can put the pergola in that area
23. In spas, it is widely used to beautify the space
24. And, of course, for allowing it to be used all the time, regardless of the weather
25. The pergola also serves many other environments
26. A hallway looks much prettier with the piece
27. If it is made of wood, it brings warmth to the space
28. The pergola can protect the way to your home entrance
29. How about putting it to cover a playground?
30. On the facade of the residence, the pergola stands out
31. He values the house
32. And it also increases the external spaces of coexistence
33. It is also often used near gardens.
34. And combined with plants
35. Deck is another space that matches the piece
36. In garages, the pergola with glass is also seen
37. It is important to protect the car
38. And this protection still brings sophistication to the space
39. This coverage also ensures that residents will be protected
40. The glass pergola can protect your exercise area
41. Or avoid rain on the way out to the balcony
42. The glass pergola is perfect for open areas
43. That’s why we think of them when we talk about the play
44. But it can also be used indoors
45. It can be integrated with concrete walls
46. In this case, you have to be careful with the heat
47. You can do it with a curtain to integrate the indoor and outdoor area
48. Or use a glass wall, so as not to lose sight
49. Another option is to create a pergola without integration
50. He is a charm and further protects the area
51. What do you think of a pergola that comes out of the ceiling, but is not closed?
52. The piece can even be made on apartment balconies
53. Remember that the glass can be the same size as the beams
54. Or it could be a little bigger
55. The second option is usually better as it avoids fraying of the beams
56. Your pergola with glass can still be straight
57. Or you can do the angled piece
58. Whichever way you choose, she will be beautiful
59. The pergola will protect your environment
60. And bring much comfort!
Questions about glass pergola
Although the use of a pergola glass cover is common, there are several doubts about this combination. With that in mind, we have listed the main doubts on the subject and clarified each of them below, so you can be sure that this piece is ideal for your space!
- What is the best type of glass? Laminated glass is the most suitable for pergola coverings, because it has a PVB (polyvinyl butyral) film in its composition, ensuring that the glass will be “united” and will not break if it breaks. In addition to safety, laminated glass is indicated for its durability, protection against ultraviolet rays, translucency and acoustic comfort.
- How much? A glass cover costs an average of R$ 200.00/m², but the price of the whole pergola will depend on the size, workmanship and the material used in the structure, such as wood or aluminum. A wooden pergola with glass, for example, can cost from R$ 400.00 to 750.00/m².
- Pergola with glass heats up? The glass warms the environment, because it is exposed to solar radiation all day, but it is possible to have thermal comfort. In this case, the ideal is to opt for glass that has undergone reflective treatment or sun protection, as this way they can control the heat that is transmitted to the space.
- Does the part need maintenance? Yes, mainly to keep the cover glass clean. Rainwater naturally cleans a lot of dirt from the roof, but it is necessary to carry out a regular cleaning with water, neutral detergent and a soft sponge that does not scratch the glass. This task can be done every four months.
As you can see, glass is a great choice for your pergola, because it has a long durability, provides safety, acoustic and thermal comfort, when the right piece is used.