An office decoration needs to go beyond the personal objects on the work table. It is necessary to add identity to the environment, for this, the wallpaper is a wildcard piece, full of versatility. Next, learn how to choose the ideal model, with tips from architect Alan Godoi , and get inspired by a selection of projects.
How to choose the best office wallpaper
Whether in an office or home office , wallpaper is perfect to sophisticate and renew the environment. According to the architect Alan Godoi, the choice of the ideal model depends on the decorative style adopted. To help you and facilitate this mission, the professional offers 5 fundamental tips:
- Define the personality of the space: in a professional environment, it is necessary to create appropriate sensations for the activities carried out in the space. For example, “in a marketing and advertising office, creativity needs to be the big influence, and betting on a colorful wallpaper helps to awaken that feeling. In professions that require concentration, investing in a clean material is required”, suggests Alan.
- Choose a template that fits the needs of the office: “if the idea is to change the identity of the office from time to time, invest in an adhesive wallpaper, which can be easily removed. But if the idea is to keep the wallpaper for a long time, choosing a textured and sober model will offer long-term sophistication”, guarantees the architect.
- Delimit if it is for all walls or for a specific area: according to Alan, this delimitation facilitates the choice of model. Generally, when all the walls will be covered, the ideal is to choose a paper with no pattern or with a continuous pattern. As for a single wall or just an area between the table and the hanging cabinet, it is possible to play with different themes and designs.
- Pay attention to rooms with wet areas: to avoid possible rework, pay attention to walls that accommodate plumbing. According to the architect, a small leak or seepage will damage the paper. Therefore, in these places, it is worth investing in a good coat of paint.
- Special tip for the home office: in residential offices, it is important to choose a democratic wallpaper, that is, one that works with the different functions that the room will receive. “We usually create a home office in an additional bedroom, which will either accommodate a visitor or have been created alongside the living room. For these environments, the ideal is to choose a clean wallpaper, which does not compromise the rest of the decoration, and which will still offer warmth and personality in one place”, adds the professional.
There are several models of wallpaper available on the market, from the traditional smooth, through the textured, vinyl and stickers to the most sophisticated. You can handpick the perfect model for your office!
30 photos of projects that turned out amazing with office wallpaper
From the home office to the commercial rooms, below, check out the most creative projects. There is wallpaper for every taste, and best of all, some you can buy online.
1. Wallpaper can replace a painting
2. Or a coating, which requires a bigger budget
3. It offers a very sophisticated finish to the space
4. And ensure the ideal atmosphere for your type of work
5. You can choose templates with special themes
6. Or opt for the classic woody style
7. Textured finishes make the environment cozy and elegant
8. And they still give a special touch to the decoration of the environment
9. Wallpaper replaces cold finishes more comfortably
10. And with good lighting, it looks even more elegant
11. The marbled effect is a good example of this
12. Fabric textures are perfect for creating a peaceful mood
13. You can include wallpaper throughout the room
14. Or choose a single wall to be the colorful highlight
15. Themed wallpapers create an even more expressive identity
16. While the pattern inspires creativity
17. For the home office corner, bet on sober colors
18. Especially if the space is shared
19. Wallpaper can complement the decor
20. Balancing the chosen composition
21. Or being the center of attention
22. If your work requires concentration, opt for a clean model
23. But if you work with creation, prints can help
24. For personal settings, highlight your personality
25. As for collective environments, create a broader concept
26. Wallpaper goes well even on the door
27. For those who like symmetry, geometric shapes are successful
28. Are you on the smooth and delicate team?
29. Or the team stamped and full of personality?
30. Regardless of the style, there’s a wallpaper for you.
In addition to the wallpaper, you can go even further in decorating the environment by hand-picking office paintings . After all, the work environment doesn’t have to be bland and impersonal.