The toy library is guaranteeing its space in the projects of designers and architects when the proposal is children’s decoration. As an incredible way to reserve a personalized place for the kids to have fun, this proposal has been enchanting more and more every day. Check out tips and inspirations to ensure this charming space in your home!
How to build a toy library
We’ve separated some tips on how you can assemble it combining fun and organization. Remember to adjust the suggestions to your budget and the environment you have at home.
Learn which essential items cannot be left out when planning this fun space:
- Shelves for books;
- Mobile organizing boxes;
- Small table and chairs set;
- pillows or futons for rest;
- rubber mat;
- Support furniture for storing toys;
- Lots of toys and books!
Now that you know what the main items are, check out some tips on how to set up this space in a very original and very playful way to entertain the little ones!
Furniture with drawers
Try to use furniture that holds toys of all sizes. Drawers are always welcome and help a lot when organizing items that need to be stored.
Shelves full of books
Encourage the little ones to read and have shelves with plenty of books. Try to diversify the stories and tell each one’s favorites.
Creativity with whiteboards and screen support
Encourage drawing and writing using crayons or canvas. Another amazing proposal is to use paper roll holders where they can scribble a lot.
Protection for play
Try to cover the floor with rubber mats and use corner protectors to keep your little one free from possible accidents. No sharp objects or objects that disassemble easily and carefully with sockets, which must be covered with protectors.
If you don’t want to invest in furniture, you can bet on organizing boxes as a way to store your little one’s toys and books. Easy to find and good for fitting together, this solution might be right for you.
Have crayons, colored pencils, brushes, paints and blackboard chalk available. This is a great way to encourage children’s creativity.
Try to leave that special space with your little angel’s face. Use characters, colors and other elements that are of his personal taste to characterize this environment in a playful and pleasant way.
Find a way to put your favorite drawings and music, whether using televisions or speakers. This is a very creative way to brighten up the space and improve your musical taste.
A dark space can become inappropriate due to accidents or damage to the child’s vision when playing or reading, so count on good lighting, either natural or electric light.
Pay attention to doors and windows
Pay attention to the space that will be destined for the toy library in order to keep the little ones free from undesirable situations, such as being trapped or having their little fingers hurt with the closing of doors. Windows are welcome to air the environment, but they must be protected with screens and out of the reach of children.
Did you like the tips? In addition to all the fun, we’ve separated some of the many benefits of having a toy library in your home.
Benefits of the toy library
In addition to a lot of fun, learn about the main positives of building a space dedicated to children at home:
- Appreciation of the playful stimulus: creating a proper environment so that the child can let their imagination run wild, you will also bring out the whole playful concept of it.
- Stimulation of independence: with a space of her own, the child feels more independent and confident, making her feel comfortable playing alone.
- Sense of organization: by dedicating an environment suitable for play to the little one, you avoid the old problem of having toys scattered all over the house, keeping them in one place. Remember to encourage the child to put away each toy at the end of the game!
- Child development: by providing books and toys, you are helping to develop the child’s motor and creative skills, making him discover new ways to play with the same toy or to read that usual book.
- Free activities: in that environment the child has the opportunity to play without performance requirements, which leaves them free and comfortable to choose how and when they want to play with what they have available.
- Ability to concentrate: in an environment dedicated to her, the child can concentrate better on what she is doing, avoiding having thoughts and reasoning interrupted by other activities that may be happening simultaneously in the house.
- Strengthening relationships: develop the facility to maintain relationships with others, seeking to bring company to the child and, mainly, participating in the games proposed by them. This way she will be able to develop good relationships in a safe space.
- Respect for others: interacting with others, the child must learn to respect others, compete and cooperate. The toy library provides this experience by creating numerous situations through collective interaction.
- Sense of cleanliness: make it clear that the space must be kept clean, that garbage must not be thrown on the floor and that food must not be consumed there, avoiding getting dirty or attracting insects.
- Stimulation of creativity: the little one has the chance to create stories, drawings or invent games when they are in a favorable environment, enhancing their creative way of thinking and looking at the world.
As you can see, the toy library has many benefits and will help to stimulate and develop your little one in a playful and fun way.
Toy library items to buy
Check out some very interesting items to build your child’s playroom, balancing creativity and organization.
- Didactic board
- Zoo Shelf
- Didactic table
- Organizer box
- Colorful toy organizer
- Niche organizer
- Organizer sofa
Try to purchase items that are consistent with the space available and the age of the child, in order to distribute toys and other items in an accessible way to them!
60 inspirations for very fun and functional toy libraries
Now is the time to get inspired to create a very personalized and original place according to your available space. Check out beautiful and cheerful environments that will make the game even more lively!
1. Enjoy every little space and make toys accessible
2. And use creativity to innovate in decoration
3. Cheerful and vibrant colors make the space even more fun
4. Create playful and pleasant environments
5. Make all toys and books accessible
6. Sparking interest in all of them
7. Decorate the space in a fun and original way
8. Evidencing your little one’s personal tastes
9. Be with a more cool proposal
10. Or very delicate with a classic touch
11. Diversify activities in the same environment
12. And transform the toy library into an attractive place
13. Full of activities and with a personal touch
14. A harmonious and fun environment in pink tones
15. Or following the favorite hero theme (for girls too!)
16. The important thing is to innovate and use creativity
17. Regardless of the available seat
18. Make it smaller and narrower
19. Or larger and spacious
20. The important thing is to take advantage of all available space
21. Transform the wall into a large drawing board
22. Or use brightly colored wallpapers
23. And for shared spaces, innovate in combinations
24. And provide fun for everyone
25. Innovate in the use of spaces
26. Promoting a Great Amusement Park
27. Counting on your little one’s favorite toys
28. Encouraging play in an organized way
29. And leaving concentrated in the same space
30. Every corner is fun
31. And it should reflect the personality of the little one
32. Awakening the child’s interest in enjoying every moment
33. Create well-lit environments
34. Where creativity can be stimulated
35. Any space will be fun
36. And everyone can be put to good use
37. As long as fun is guaranteed
38. Counting on different and interesting stimuli
39. And many playful and inspiring elements
40. Stimulating creativity at playtime
41. The space needs to be dynamic and very attractive
42. Creating special and very joyful moments
43. Use colored lighting to match the furniture
44. And creative furniture to store toys
45. And chairs with very creative shapes
46. With colorful and geometric rubberized rugs
47. And different ways to play and enjoy the space
48. With many activities to entertain the kids
49. You can turn a wall into a toy library
50. Or dedicating an entire room to play
51. For moments of fun and lots of animation
52. In a small space there is a lot of fun
53. And endless possibilities to enjoy all of it
54. How about some really fun cooking?
55. Use age-appropriate and attractive furniture
56. And appropriate lighting for each type of environment
57. Putting the fun down to the mat
58. Every space is unique and special
59. Innovate in every detail
60. And transform the space of play into a reason for great joy
With these beautiful and creative inspirations, you can start dreaming about your little one’s space and make fun time even more fun.
Try to create happy spaces in which the child is interested in spending a long time, always promoting creativity. The toy library is a very successful way to promote an interactive and very educational environment. What about?