Are you looking for Two colour combination for bedroom walls ? then this article for you
It is hardly worth talking about the importance of choosing the right color for the bedroom. It’s no secret that the color scheme affects both your mood and the quality of your sleep. But what if the complexity of the task is doubled – and you try to choose two colors for your bedroom walls at once.
In fact, there are a lot of benefits to this solution, so if you feel that one color is clearly not enough for you, feel free to try tones that can work effectively in pairs. You may need more time to select and experiment with combinations. However, if you show a little patience, the result will delight you: not only will you admire the interior of your room for a long time, but you can be sure that no one else has painted the walls in the same colors. that you.
Combination of two colors in the bedroom: why should you try
It may seem to someone that the use of two colors in the bedroom is just a whim – after all, if necessary, you can always use one, chosen as best as possible. However, decorators still recommend trying such a non-trivial solution because it promises a lot of benefits:
- Efficient and comfortable zoning . You don’t have to invent complex structures, put up screens, and do extra work to highlight the areas you need in the room: a particular section of the wall, an entire wall, or a room. niche painted in the color of your choice already creates a feeling of lockdown and seclusion – in a good way.
- Visual increase in room size . The play of two tones – light and dark – will allow you to create fascinating transitions of light and shadow, thanks to which a small bedroom will appear larger, and a spacious and sparsely furnished – more comfortable.
- Disguise faults . The combination of two colors in the bedroom promises a beautiful visual effect. Decorate walls or other surfaces with minor flaws with darker wallpaper or paint – and they’ll go a bit further. Use lighter tones for the areas you want to highlight – and they’ll look more effective and attractive.
- Reasonable expenses for the renovation . You don’t need expensive and complicated finishes to create an extraordinary interior. Just use a two-tone solution: painting in two different shades or wallpaper in different patterns probably won’t be too expensive.
The selection of color pairs for the bedroom: valuable tips
The colors you prefer for the bedroom are above all up to you. However, there are specific rules decorators typically follow to avoid color overload, imbalance, or visual discomfort. If you are planning to act on your own, you will probably be interested in these rules:
- Make sure to match the color pair according to the temperature . You can choose similar or complementary shades, but they must have the same color temperature, otherwise you will still feel uncomfortable. It can be cool or warm tones – in either case, the result will look just as harmonious if both colors are your favorite.
- Focus on the lighting . If you have chosen a soft diffused light for your bedroom, then you will have to forgo the complex dark shades – green, gray and purple. In this case, the room will look dark, even if you combine them with lighter and more cheerful rooms.
- Make no mistake about the primary color . Any pair of colors should be dominated by a lighter or calmer color. This is necessary to create a peaceful and visually appealing atmosphere. In this case, the more saturated and darker tones will play the role of secondaries or accents without any overload.
- Distribute the shades correctly . If your bedroom is rectangular in shape, you should leave a darker color for the long walls and a lighter color for the narrow ones. This technique will visually increase the space and avoid the feeling of a “pencil case”.
- In any incomprehensible situation, use white . If an attempt to find a chromatic color to match with what you have already found is unsuccessful, white will always help. Do not forget about the correct choice of color temperature: for cold tones you should choose pure white; for warmer ones – warmer and softer variations like ivory or trendy smoky white.
- Don’t be afraid of new trends . Different shades are trendy every now and then, and if they’re dark, that doesn’t mean they can’t be used as a second color for the bedroom at all. In primary, pastel or neutral light, they are perfect as partners and accents.
- Be careful with the accessories . The inviolability of the tandem of colors is a very fragile thing, especially because of the decorative objects which, sooner or later, gradually begin to fill the interior of your room. Of course, it is impossible to do without decor, but try to choose something from a neutral palette or made of natural materials – wood, metal, ceramic or glass.
And one last tip: if you find it difficult to choose a color pair, and neither the tables nor the Itten color wheel are helping you, do not hesitate to seek the help of professional designers and decorators. . The specialist will be able to effectively determine the appropriate colors for your room depending on the layout, lighting, furnishings, your wishes and needs.
So, when everything is more or less clear to us with the directions of research, let’s talk in more detail about the two-tone combinations for the bedroom, which we think are the most beautiful and, we are not even afraid of this word, perfect.
Coral and cream
A surprisingly beautiful and warm combination for the bedroom, the owners of which dream of a bright interior, but at the same time are not afraid to add moderately rich colors. In this case, the basis is most often cream tones, which can be used for walls, floors and furniture. Shades of coral look great both on an accent wall and on fabric prints, curtains, and all the same furniture. Plus, if the bedroom windows face the sunny side, you can easily add accents of light gray or sage to create a slightly more relaxed atmosphere.
White and dark blue
This combination is considered one of the most successful, because in this case you can use all the proportions of colors in the bedroom – both absolutely equal and in favor of white or blue. For several years now, designers have been in love with the union of navy blue and pure white because there is simply no other combination so fascinating and refreshing.
It is nice to be able to use a wide variety of combinations of the two colors. Paint the headboard wall blue, decorate a bleached wood floor with a woven or fluffy blue rug, match navy blue curtains just to match the bedspread, look for lamps with wooden bases and lampshades. day in white frosted glass are just a few ideas that deserve your attention. However, there are many, many more.
Yellow and pistachio
Does that sound too colorful to you? Wait until you are unnecessarily surprised. In fact, sunny yellow and soft yellow-green are great partners that play to create a very warm yet rich color and a modern bedroom.
Based on the rules we talked about earlier, yellow should dominate in such a combination – moreover, its light shades. Use them for walls, floors, and wardrobes, and leave curtains, bedspreads and rugs at the mercy of a mouthwatering pistachio tone. If you feel like the resulting interior is lacking in rhythm, add some white accents.
Gray and lavender
If you are constantly feeling anxious and falling asleep poorly, your bedroom may need calmer colors. A great pair of colors like pale gray and enchanting lavender will help to dramatically improve the quality of your sleep.
Neutrality of gray tone, which in this case acts as a basis, will allow you to relax to the maximum, get rid of negative thoughts and nervous tension. On the other hand, lavender color will help to cope with anger and depression, to feel cheerfulness and to “readjust”, carried away by the sophistication of the color combination. You don’t even need too many lilac tones – textiles will suffice.
Subdued green and natural brown
As the popularity of green interiors increases, its basic tenets gradually migrate in other directions – from modern to eclecticism. One of the most borrowed aspects is the color combinations, including our favorite – calm light green and light brown, charming in its naturalness.
This color combination is one of the few where any shade in the pair can be a priority. You can paint the walls a light brown, choosing the matching furniture, and top it all off with a shade of sage and green tea. Or, on the contrary, find a light walnut bedspread and curtains for the pale green walls and the same wardrobes and dressers.
Pale blue and red
If your bedroom is on the sunny side and you feel it is too hot in the summer, you should try this concept. A cool shade of blue, similar to watercolor, used as a base, creates an atmosphere of freshness and lightness, successfully dissolving the sun’s rays and adding more light on cloudy days.
Well, in order to avoid coldness and excessive distraction, be sure to use red accents – in dosages, in the form of pillows, curtains or a small rug. At the same time, decorators strongly recommend choosing warm shades of red, since cold shades in combination with blue will go to rather depressing purple shades.
Purple and dark turquoise
The light purple tone captivates with incredible sophistication and looks great in interiors that suggest femininity, elegance and sophistication. The active use of the color mauve in the bedroom is more than justified because it creates a surprisingly pleasant light haze – and relaxing in such a room feels like a dream on a cloud.
If you want to achieve a truly luxurious interior, do not hesitate to choose dark shades of turquoise as partners of light purple. This color looks especially impressive on velvet and suede textures, but it is no less good on smooth surfaces. If desired, complement the combination with brass or wooden accents – this design is very rich and at the same time unpretentious.
Orange and blue
Sometimes you really want to lie down on a warm beach by the blue sea! However, if the summer vacation is still far away, or you cannot afford it as often as you want, a bright and at the same time not at all harsh combination of blue and orange will be a desirable solution for you.
In this case, you should use a darker shade as a basis – decorators advise to pay attention to royal blue, navy and classic. At the same time, it is not at all necessary to paint the walls with: an accent surface in combination with furniture and accessories of the same color in combination with a pale blue or soft white background is enough. Everything else will be taken up by a juicy and cheerful orange – the roller shutters, the bedspread, the tapestry of a banquet, and even the decoration of the lamp or the cabinet.
White and brown
You don’t always want something pronounced chromatic for the bedroom. First of all, this applies to lovers of classic and neoclassical interiors, which are characterized by an elegant and noble palette. If you want to combine a trendy two-tone jumpsuit with traditional chic, it makes sense to consider the possibility of a “white-brown” pair.
Do not think that such a decision seems secondary or uninteresting – the essence, as usual, is in the details. The fact is that brown is distinguished by an incredible variety of palettes, in which there is a place for dozens of shades – from coffee with milk and sand to dark chocolate. However, white does not lag behind, which can be both clean and snowy and soft and warm. Combine them in a classic bedroom of your choice, add the texture of natural wood and a bit of gilding – and feel all the perks of a royal party.
Pink and white
If you think that the combination of shades of white and pink is typical only for children’s rooms, then we have something to surprise you. In fact, the white and pink bedroom is spectacular, fresh, feminine. This wonderful palette can be used not only in rooms decorated in such styles as neoclassical, classic and glamorous, but also in more laconic modern interiors.
When choosing pink for your bedroom, keep in mind that there are tons of options available to you – from peach, pale pink, and pink lace to salmon, coral, tango, flamingos and azaleas. But with white, it will be necessary to be a little more careful: only warm and muted shades are allowed for such combinations.
Turquoise and terracotta
Speaking of using two color combinations for the bedroom interior, it would be strange in some cases not to focus on the design styles they are more or less relevant to. We would like to talk about interiors with luxurious decoration and rich colors, mainly oriental and bohemian.
When decorating a bedroom in a similar style, it is extremely important to strike a balance between warm and cool notes that prevent you from making the interior too sultry. This is why turquoise and terracotta become an “unbeatable team”. If the second personifies the scorching sun, heat and energy, then the first – calm, tranquility and marine freshness. The preferred color in the bedroom depends on the size of the room, as well as its location – with windows facing north or south.
Color pairs for the bedroom walls: Conclusions + Photo gallery
By using two colors for your bedroom at the same time, you kill two birds with one stone – you bring balance to your interior and successfully hide imperfections such as wall flaws and imbalances while creating an incredibly harmonious and harmonious environment. aesthetic in which total individuality is felt. If you want to try a similar base for the decor of your bedroom, do not miss to try your luck: among the variety of shades, you will certainly make a pair that will perfectly match your mood.
It may interest you :